Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Prime Minister

crawshawbooth

I agree Boby.

The thing is I can't see who Conservatives have who is better than the current useless incumbent.

But with Keir Starmer or Chuka Umunna leading Labour, they would have a great chance.

Pair of snake oil salesmen. Starmer has more skeletons than a grave yard in his closet, and the less said about Chuka and closets, the better.

In any case, no way Momentum let either of them anywhere near the leadership. Labour are going to have to destroy the country or lose a lot of elections before they let someone to the right of Lenin have a go at leading.

Edited by maaarsh

I don't feel like there's any option to vote for at the moment. Need to get the tories out to save what's left of the NHS but God knows what corbyn will do

The same Tories that have just signaled another £6bn a year for the NHS?

People can vote for who they like, but I don't understand the need to pretend increased real terms funding every year is part of a master-plan to destroy the NHS. The reality is if anyone doesn't like the NHS, there is no one they can vote for because there is absolute cross party consensus on giving it as much money as possible in all circumstances.

In any case, no way Momentum let either of them anywhere near the leadership. Labour are going to have to destroy the country or lose a lot of elections before they let someone to the right of Lenin have a go at leading.

The obvious comparison to make is with Militant in the early 80’s. Their man Foot lost the election and the party wrestled back control from the hard left. For healthy political debate in the country I hope that piece of history repeats itself.

The same Tories that have just signaled another £6bn a year for the NHS?

People can vote for who they like, but I don't understand the need to pretend increased real terms funding every year is part of a master-plan to destroy the NHS. The reality is if anyone doesn't like the NHS, there is no one they can vote for because there is absolute cross party consensus on giving it as much money as possible in all circumstances.

That's not quite true there's widespread privatisation and cutting of nurse bursarys for a start.. It's a Friday night though and I honestly can't be arsed arguing over it

I despise Corbyn more than any man that ever walked this planet

However JRM is a close second

Corbyn is infinitely more likely to get elected asPM than JRM is

the fact that JRM even believes he has a cat in hells chance means that he is clinically insane and should not be allowed to stand by law (IMO)

the fact that JRM even believes he has a cat in hells chance means that he is clinically insane and should not be allowed to stand by law (IMO)

His official line is that he doesn't want the job and has absolutely no chance of getting it - which is probably true, even if he doesn't really mean it.

But equally, given the next PM will be a Tory most likely, the only electorate he needs to get through is coming 2nd place in a ballot of Tory MPs because he'd absolutely romp a membership vote.

His faith should have nought to do with your thought process.

If he is against abortion it's because he is against not what Jesus tells him.

When he states that it is his faith that is the reason for having these backwards views it's hard not to bring his religion into it.

His official line is that he doesn't want the job and has absolutely no chance of getting it - which is probably true, even if he doesn't really mean it.

But equally, given the next PM will be a Tory most likely, the only electorate he needs to get through is coming 2nd place in a ballot of Tory MPs because he'd absolutely romp a membership vote.

Apologies

I was talking about a GE

He’d get slaughtered

Because he’s a fucking dinosaur

Ian Huntley??

Jacob Rees Mogg gave a speech at the Last Drop today along with a luncheon

would the class like to discuss?

The vast majority of Wandersways are spread far and wide at the moment.

The World Cup is on.

Cost of a pint in Tenerife is an average 1.5 euro's.

Gareth's boys are yet to concede a goal.

Embankment is on course to win worst team in the tournament.

Plus as it stands BWFC are 4th in the 2018/2019 table.

So politics is not on the agenda.

Live for today.

Our kids and grandkids will hopefully sort out the mess of a country that once was proud England.

Be honest

How do the Tories win

They won't deliver the brexit leavers want

And remainers aren't going to be motivated to give em 5 more years

And I agree, it is scary but corbyn is one clever politician

A cnut but good at it

He has a great chance of winning and I agree with most parts.

I can't agree that he's clever. He will never appeal to the middle man.

A lust for change will and he will be a winner solely off that. It's a grim thought. Saying that another 5 Years of these goons is too

He can be a Christian til the cows come home but when he uses his faith as a reason to be against the laws of this country then is he the kind of person we want in charge.

If a Muslim, Hindu or even a Jedi said he thought rape victims shouldn't be able to have an abortion I'd tell them to get fucked too.

I agree with your view Frank but he's entitled to his opinion.  I'm against some laws in this country and if I had power I'd push for change.

This is why we have a democracy - it's not as if he could enforce the law by himself is it . . .

Anyway, he wont get the gig and Labour probably will win the next one.

They'll be not much better, not much worse and round and round we go