Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Passport Advice?

Blondi

Hi,

We're travelling to Croatia on 15th July and we'll be returning on the 22nd July, My youngest daughter's passport expires on 25th July, does anyone know if this is OK? My Mrs recently watched a programme with Martin Lewis and he said some countries, you may need to have 3 months or so left on your passport expiry date.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Hi,

We're travelling to Croatia on 15th July and we'll be returning on the 22nd July, My youngest daughter's passport expires on 25th July, does anyone know if this is OK? My Mrs recently watched a programme with Martin Lewis and he said some countries, you may need to have 3 months or so left on your passport expiry date.

The potential problem is, if for whatever reason your daughter has to extend her stay.

Bloke I used to work with and his wife went to Greece (i think) his wife's passport expired about 5 days after therefore flight.....no problem.....until he appendix burst a day before they came home, so she was in hospital for a few days and her passport expired whilst abroad.

I think it was easily enough sorted, but it involved him having to travel to the Embassy to get it sorted out, and I think the nearest Embassy was miles away and involved an internal flight.

As Captain Med says, just get a new passport before you travel, nice and easy then, if the worst does happen

Get yourself to Liverpool and get a new passport, I believe you can now get an appointment time on line, and it will get it sorted right away

Why bother with Liverpool?

He's not going for a month. He can complete an online renewal today and it'll most likely be sent out within a week.

If took 5 days last time I renewed mine and its much cheaper to renew online. (about £80 versus £180 for the Liverpool appointment)

The potential problem is, if for whatever reason your daughter has to extend her stay.

Bloke I used to work with and his wife went to Greece (i think) his wife's passport expired about 5 days after therefore flight.....no problem.....until he appendix burst a day before they came home, so she was in hospital for a few days and her passport expired whilst abroad.

I think it was easily enough sorted, but it involved him having to travel to the Embassy to get it sorted out, and I think the nearest Embassy was miles away and involved an internal flight.

As Captain Med says, just get a new passport before you travel, nice and easy then, if the worst does happen

Ah right, never thought of that, might be best to sort it out then.

Renew it online. Mine took less than a fortnight. Get her pic taken somewhere where they do online codes with the passport office and you are laughing. You get a code to enter into your application and if everything else is the same it's dead easy, no need to go to Liverpool at all.

Edit - as Dave as pointed out above.

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

Hi,

If she gets stopped it's her problem, one less mouth to feed

I'm sure you'll see her some time in the future so save a few quid and don't renew

Just renew it.

It is not a bottle of milk that will go off after a week.

It lasts 10 years renewing a month early is no hassle.

pretty sure you keep the month as well so dont get penalised for renewing early 

You can renew up to 9 months before expiry and not lose out

Yes, I generally do 6 months before

Having said that, I got a new one after having my last one for only 9 months (after I was relieved of it in Barcelona)  :D