Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

If We Make It....

The Wanderer

If we was to make the final, maybe even the semi finals I’m very tempted to fly over. Never been to an England away let alone a World Cup game but I really, really fancy this.

Who WOULD be making the trip and how easy will it be to pick up tickets?

Edited for Stevieb

Edited by The Wanderer

Get outside the ground early enough and you'll get world cup final tickets off a tout no problem

I wrote This tournament off after all the grief at the euros, but so far only heard good things. This has been the best tournament I’ve seen so far.

Be the thick end of £5k a piece outside the ground I’d imagine, especially if England are in it

You’d need an emergency visa as well as you wouldn’t have a ticket, which is the only other way you waltz through

Flights would be about £1,000 and likely not be direct

Hotels will be jammed out, that’s going to be at least £300 a night

I’d imagine your looking at £6k or £7k to do it at the last minute should England get to the final

Don’t forget, you’ve only got about 4 days between the semi and the final to get it arranged

Natsamia Travel would be your best bet (Traff)

Be the thick end of £5k a piece outside the ground I’d imagine, especially if England are in it

You’d need an emergency visa as well as you wouldn’t have a ticket, which is the only other way you waltz through

Flights would be about £1,000 and likely not be direct

Hotels will be jammed out, that’s going to be at least £300 a night

I’d imagine your looking at £6k or £7k to do it at the last minute should England get to the final

Don’t forget, you’ve only got about 4 days between the semi and the final to get it arranged

Natsamia Travel would be your best bet (Traff)

This is the sort of info I was after, cheers. If we get that far I’m thinking of getting out there for the semis, then staying on. I had a look out of interest before the tournament and accommodation was pretty cheap. But I expect there going to go through the roof later on.

First semi is 10th July In St Petersburg

You could get there easily enough with flights to Estonia or Helsinki then a train (need a Visa though from the Russian Embassy)

Tickets going for little under £1,000 on Viagogo now if your happy chancing it

From there it’s the train to Moscow for the next semi the following day, tickets are similar price, then 4 more nights in Moscow before making your way home

World Cup final tickets currently £2k on Viagogo

Be a great trip, wish I could do it

Edited by birch-chorley

Book your accom on Hostelworld now and you only have to put down a couple of quid as a deposit.

All you need is a Fan ID to use as your visa into the country - to get that you need a ticket reference number (It doesn’t have to be your own).

I’ve already got a fan ID so I’d probably be all over it. Not that I’m getting carried away like...

Just go to the fan arena in vladivostock

To be fair if I was looking at a couple of grand for a match ticket I’d probably go to a fan park over there. Bound to be loads about, just be good to be there.

If we get dicked on Thursday I’ll get looking at a new kitchen.

You can fly Liverpool to Gdańsk Wednesday night, back Friday for £200 direct

Stay in Gdańsk and travel the short distance to Kaliningrad for England v Belgium

I’d imagine you’d get a ticket for that for £250 tops

It’s just getting into Russia without a ticket / Visa that might be an issue

Edited by birch-chorley

You can fly Liverpool to Gdańsk Wednesday night, back Friday for £200 direct

Stay in Gdańsk and travel the short distance to Kaliningrad for England v Belgium

I’d imagine you’d get a ticket for that for £250 tops

It’s just getting into Russia without a ticket / Visa that might be an issue

if you don’t use the fan I’d you would have to get normal visa couple lads I know paid £110 for visa

• Site Supporter

If we get t the final, I’m going. Do not care what the cost would be, once in a generation or 2 event for us. The last England away I did was Russia - really don’t see the next one I do being Russia though, qtrs at best

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.