Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

If We Make It....

The Wanderer

Conscience and temptation has been twinged a bit about going, but it's completely (probably life ruiningly) impractical for me. But I am consoling myself with the fact that all my England watching life and particularly from drinking age onwards has been with family and/or mates either at home or in the pub. After all we've been through, if we got to a World Cup Semi or Final it would feel fitting to experience it that way again. Those who go watching England all over through thick and thin deserve their place on the plane and a ticket.

That's how I'm spinning it anyway.

• Site Supporter

Right then, balls to it - theres a flight out of Liverpool Tuesday night, via Budapest, gets to Moscow Monday morning. Cost £222 at the moment, a bit of hanging around in Budapest.

Quicker flights leaving a bit earlier, only around £50 more from Manc - who's up for booking and to hell with losing upto £300 if we lose on Saturday?

Right then, balls to it - theres a flight out of Liverpool Tuesday night, via Budapest, gets to Moscow Monday morning. Cost £222 at the moment, a bit of hanging around in Budapest.

Quicker flights leaving a bit earlier, only around £50 more from Manc - who's up for booking and to hell with losing upto £300 if we lose on Saturday?

after missing my flight home after the Russia game in the Euros (thanks to French rail strikes) i then had to re book a flight back to Luton, overnight hotel & train back to Manchester for the following day

then made the decision to book flights to Paris for the QF on the strong assumption we would beat Iceland....

Believe me, the only thing worse than losing a game you expect to win and being knocked out of a tournament is the added kick in the bollocks youve lost a few hundred quid too 

after missing my flight home after the Russia game in the Euros (thanks to French rail strikes) i then had to re book a flight back to Luton, overnight hotel & train back to Manchester for the following day

then made the decision to book flights to Paris for the QF on the strong assumption we would beat Iceland....

Believe me, the only thing worse than losing a game you expect to win and being knocked out of a tournament is the added kick in the bollocks youve lost a few hundred quid too 

Our flight from Marseille to Lille was cancelled after the Russia game as the lazy twats were on strike.  Had to get a train to Paris then on to Valenciennes, there was a fire at the side of the rail track so we were stuck on the train for 7 hours, by the time we got to Paris, we'd missed the last train

To their credit, SNCF paid for a 5 star hotel including breakfast and gave us free tickets for the following day, Don't think that would have happened with National Rail

Our flight from Marseille to Lille was cancelled after the Russia game as the lazy twats were on strike.  Had to get a train to Paris then on to Valenciennes, there was a fire at the side of the rail track so we were stuck on the train for 7 hours, by the time we got to Paris, we'd missed the last train

To their credit, SNCF paid for a 5 star hotel including breakfast and gave us free tickets for the following day, Don't think that would have happened with National Rail

i booked through SBB as we flew in & out of Geneva. "french rail strikes you say? nothing to do with us" is pretty much what i got.

Train went past the airport too just as i had 10 minutes to check in. didnt stop  :rolleyes2:  6 hours stood in the airport on my own as all the other lads had jibbed an earlier train before a midnight flight to Luton. £110 for a hotel at Luton airport, arrived there at 3am to get up at 7 for the train down to Euston

26hr journey home 

Edited by barrycowdrill

Assuming we get to the final and I get a flight to Moscow what else do I need to get into the country?

I've read about Fan ID's but as Athy says you need a match ticket so is there any way of getting into Russia without a Fan ID and I know I could get a visa but time is against doing this.

Assuming we get to the final and I get a flight to Moscow what else do I need to get into the country?

I've read about Fan ID's but as Athy says you need a match ticket so is there any way of getting into Russia without a Fan ID and I know I could get a visa but time is against doing this.

I might be wrong but to have the fan ID. All you need is a ticket reference and that can be for a game that has already been. That reference can be used for more than one fan ID. Might be complete bollocks but I’m sure I read that.

Good thinking,Vlad

Any old used ticket?

We used one. If I get mine delivered (massive fuck on today) I will have visa ability.

Just want it sorting and if need be sourcing them from a tout

We used one. If I get mine delivered (massive fuck on today) I will have visa ability.

Just want it sorting and if need be sourcing them from a tout

Guy on talksport was saying that buying from a tout is illegal in Russia

Proceed with caution mate

Worst case you can watch the game in Moscow Spoons, no volume though ????????

Edited by birch-chorley

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.