Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England V Sweden

Marc505

After Kane, Sterling was our best player. His movement and running with the ball were great. Lingard/Alli are the ones for me who have to step up. Both went missing for chunks of the game and Lingard had chances on the break but his end product was poor.

We definitely were worse after Sterling went off

• Site Supporter

Yep. Though I think the mindset was changing.

I also had a thought that Dier could be our Fellaini. He's decent in the air, and should we need to go direct in search of an equiliser he'd be quite useful. Not creative in midfield but may have a use.

Yep. Though I think the mindset was changing.

I also had a thought that Dier could be our Fellaini. He's decent in the air, and should we need to go direct in search of an equiliser he'd be quite useful. Not creative in midfield but may have a use.

Certainly should have scored that header to spare us from penalties.

He was injured for most of extra time Kane. Hope he's fit.

Why would changing the system be suicide? We're not creating chances as things stand and Sweden will know exactly what they have to do against us to stop us. 

Pretty much been answered above but same reason for me - we've trained, drilled and know that system and it allows some flexibility which the squad are clued in on.  It's Kevin Keegan like to switch things last minute . . .

Said all along we don't really have an effective plan B and when teams adapt we struggle, yet here we are!

Agree but I'd put that down to the system rather than the player.  I'll admit he creates space and panics defenders, probably better than anyone, but without any end product I'm not seeing the benefit.  Toss of a coin between him and Rashford I suppose.

What's said above about Alli looking better with better players around him probably goes for Sterling as well

LC for Alli isn't a bad shout either

If we get to the final I shall be leaving Greece early and heading for Russia

Any suggestions for best routes from Manchester

I’ve looked at a few and KLM via Amsterdam is competitive in terms of pricing, minimum lay over as well

That wasn’t the final mind but I’m sure it would be similar

We’ve had a great 20 years of sport in this country, winning things we never thought possible

But, this is the biggest prize in team sport.

It’s a great time.

Young not gonna be fit according to a few reports today

Don't think it's a bad thing as we need some balance and a left leg in there

He's not done anything wrong and would deserve to retain his place if fit. I agree, we seem to be unbalanced. Rose far more aggressive in getting forward. 

all quite predictable down that left side at the moment 

Yep agreed.

Crosses a decent cut backs from both sides can only benefit Kane in his pursuit of goals.

plus, i know Rose was out of the Spurs side more than he was in last season but both he & Trippier play with Kane everyday.

They'll know where he wants to ball, or what space he will be going in to when either of them are on it

Edited by barrycowdrill

Young is in for his set piece delivery which to be fair is excellent. Miss him there if he’s out. But Rose having a left foot will offer more balance in possession. He was unlucky not to score in extra time was Rose.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.