Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Salisbury Poisoning Part 2

madthatter

Seems like remnants from the last attack have affected another couple.

Listening to R4 this morning the official fella's summation seemed to contradict earlier accounts of how the toxin can cause harm.

It's all very James Bond isn't it?

Seems like remnants from the last attack have affected another couple.

Listening to R4 this morning the official fella's summation seemed to contradict earlier accounts of how the toxin can cause harm.

It's all very James Bond isn't it?

Only saw on the news the other day saying how the stigma of the attack has affected the local economy there but that in reality there's nothing to fear. This could be disastrous for the town.

Edited by Marc505

Only saw on the news the other day saying how the stigma of the attack has affected the local economy there but that in reality there's nothing to fear. This could be disastrous for the town.

Judging by some of the locals round dicky lane today I reckon the Russians have been at it here :D

• 2 months later...
  • Site Supporter

I was literally the last customer to leave The Mill pub before it was closed and quarantined. Was working down there the day after the poisoning, and nobody knew what was going on. Initial reports were that a tramp had took a drug overdose in a local park, but the next morning there were police all over the place and our hotel filled up with journalists. Very surreal experience.

Very impressed by the Met Police statement. Goes into massive detail.

http://news.met.police.uk/news/counter-terrorism-police-release-images-of-two-suspects-in-connection-with-salisbury-attack-320534

• Site Supporter

Were you interviewed?

How did it make you feel- relieved, scared etc?

Did you scribble bwfc on the piss-stone wall immediately before leaving.

No. As I said, nobody really knew what had happened at that point. This was on Monday, the day after the poisoning. I remember hearing something on the news while we were driving down there, but it just seemed like a quiet night in Salisbury, and the locals were brushing it off as a homeless person overdosing on a bench. Manchester United were on the TV in The Mill, and there were only about 10 people in, including me and my boss. We were the last to leave.

It was the Tuesday that it all went a bit mad. We finished work early and went back into Salisbury, and there were police cordens and TV cameras all over the place. Never felt in any danger. Wandered the streets for a bit taking it all in, then went for a look round the Cathedral before we went back out on the lash. Was a very interesting night. Full of fucking nutters that place.

Edited by Cheese

• 5 months later...