Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England V Croatia

L/H White

Confident yet nervous. For once I reckon we should win and that's where the nerves come from.

If we were shite and massive underdogs I'd be more relaxed and think just go for it. Strangely id probably feel more chilled before the final.

Yeah I feel a bit like that but I doubt the squad feel they should win which is massive credit to GS and team.

Tough game but think we'll have the edge and perhaps more energy as it goes on.  Hoping RS might break his duck this eve . . .

ET (if we win) is not ideal as we'd have to be at France for the full 90+mins.  The sky is also blue :) 

• Site Supporter

I’m drinking Estrella Galicia whilst dangling my trotters in the pool, as it’s about 4183889 degrees C.

Getting more confident with every gobful.

Win and there’ll be about 50 English blokes in the pool. Drowning.

Strangely no nerves for me at all, and that is rare before a big game. I just think that we've done brilliantly to get here and should go out and give everything to progress, no fear, no nerves.

If we lose, we lose. The players have still been a credit and can be better in 2 years time. That isn't to say we shouldn't go for it or expect. But just now we're here lets not repeat past mistakes and make it into this impossible bubble of nervy hope that is bound to burst. Lets go and absolutely own the match and the result. 

I hope the players have that mindset. Its a huge chance, but forget that. Play normally, go for it, don't let it be a big occasion. The big occasion is still to come. 

• Site Supporter

England goals tonight 2, the same as the number of ambulances to be damaged.

Some funding page set up to replace the one damaged the other day apparently and the taxi too.

Appeals this morning only to dial 999 if it is absolutely necessary.

Calls after the last game were higher than new year's eve.

• Moderators

I’m drinking Estrella Galicia whilst dangling my trotters in the pool, as it’s about 4183889 degrees C.

said it already, passed out in bed with sunstroke for you if you carry on drinking in the sun at this time of day

Horwich Beach?

I'm working away in't midlands so watching it down here in my midweek local. Just got the big boss to send a spurious meeting invite for 4pm to two lads who want to leave at 3 to get back to Sheffield :thumbsup:

No sure how it'd be policed, but anyone caught throwing pint glasses in the air should be done for assault.

And for chucking ones piss about . . . if you pissed in a glass and lobbed it in someones face you'd get done why is lobbing it into a crowd any different?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.