Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

York Saturday

maje

Stick a pin in the first but I’m surprised Alpha Delphini is as big a price as he is. This isn’t necessarily a tip, but Titus has form than ties in with some of the market leaders, but is generally a 25/1 chance. His trainer ran him over an inadequate trip last time. Do with that what you will (dismissing it out of hand it is generally where the clever money is).

Do ignore folk who tell you you need a low draw to win the John Smith’s Cup - they wheel that one out on the telly every year and it’s bollocks. Having said that, I’d have fancied Another Touch a lot more if he’d not been drawn in 19.

Kicking myself for not having an interest in Euchen Glen thought the trip might have been a touch on the short side but 20/1 what a price.

Aye, I wasn’t kicking myself - coming back six furlongs and hosing up in a competitive handicap takes some doing. It’ll be interesting to see where he goes next because that won’t put him far off Group company.

Kicking myself for not having an interest in Euchen Glen thought the trip might have been a touch on the short side but 20/1 what a price.

Lot of people said the same yesterday.

As an aside I was happy to get on Burnt Sugar at 25's before the plunge