Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Atherton Colls V Bwfc

Leyther_Matt

We get a share of the gate money, we obviously keep the bar takings, we get quite a few parents of the girls on and a few locals, we struggle to get rid of the ladies, normally it;s around 6.30-7.00pm when they drift off, they are a good lot, in their league there are only a couple of clubs with proper dressing rooms and a bar so they make full use of our bar

I believe that although the team is called 'Bolton Wanderers' Ladies, they have actually no official connection at all with the club - ie they do not come under the Burnden Leisure umberella and thus have nothing to do with Ken Anderson.  

I understand they are part of the 'Bolton Wanderers' Community Trust (which again has nothing to do officially with the club/Anderson) which is a charity based organisation.  The charity I understands funds a number of teams in the community such as the ladies and 'Bolton Wanderers' Disability FC.

The original name for the BWCT was 'Bolton Wanderers' football in the community scheme

The Trust does have it's address at the club, has a club like logo and carries the clubs name, as well as always having BWFC staff as Directors on its board - such as Gartside, Des McBain, Simon Marland, Allan Duckworth and Mark Alderton (all now resigned) and currently Paul Holliday.

No doubt the club has made contributions to the BWCT in the past but I doubt Anderson has had the money to donate to them recently from the clubs coffers, although he may well have donated from his own personal funds and/or allowed use of the clubs facilities.

It would have been the right thing to do - following what now appears to have been an unofficial strike by the first team - for at least some of them to attended the match (even if they did not play in it) in an attempt to negate a bit what is turning out to be somewhat of a PR disaster for the club and which should have been kept behind closed doors whilst proper mediation and grievance procedures had been taking place to their conclusions - and also out of respect to the fans of both clubs that did seem to have the idea that some at least of our first team squad would have been on duty that night.

The game was right on our own doorstep and as such it wasn't at the other side of the country to get to and would it have really have put some of the local living first teamers to attend in person - if for no other reason than support their own youth team colleagues?

That is very commendable. Hopefully you keep any money that you get on the gate, however that might not be that much. I look forward to going down to watch Colls the only other time I have been is to watch a Bolton game.

Look forward to a beer with you pal :)

I believe that although the team is called 'Bolton Wanderers' Ladies, they have actually no official connection at all with the club - ie they do not come under the Burnden Leisure umberella and thus have nothing to do with Ken Anderson.

I understand they are part of the 'Bolton Wanderers' Community Trust (which again has nothing to do officially with the club/Anderson) which is a charity based organisation. The charity I understands funds a number of teams in the community such as the ladies and 'Bolton Wanderers' Disability FC.

The original name for the BWCT was 'Bolton Wanderers' football in the community scheme

The Trust does have it's address at the club, has a club like logo and carries the clubs name, as well as always having BWFC staff as Directors on its board - such as Gartside, Des McBain, Simon Marland, Allan Duckworth and Mark Alderton (all now resigned) and currently Paul Holliday.

No doubt the club has made contributions to the BWCT in the past but I doubt Anderson has had the money to donate to them recently from the clubs coffers, although he may well have donated from his own personal funds and/or allowed use of the clubs facilities.

It would have been the right thing to do - following what now appears to have been an unofficial strike by the first team - for at least some of them to attended the match (even if they did not play in it) in an attempt to negate a bit what is turning out to be somewhat of a PR disaster for the club and which should have been kept behind closed doors whilst proper mediation and grievance procedures had been taking place to their conclusions - and also out of respect to the fans of both clubs that did seem to have the idea that some at least of our first team squad would have been on duty that night.

The game was right on our own doorstep and as such it wasn't at the other side of the country to get to and would it have really have put some of the local living first teamers to attend in person - if for no other reason than support their own youth team colleagues?

Why use one word when a thousand will do?

I understand they are part of the 'Bolton Wanderers' Community Trust (which again has nothing to do officially with the club/Anderson) which is a charity based organisation. The charity I understands funds a number of teams in the community such as the ladies and 'Bolton Wanderers' Disability FC.

Wheres your chum Ken and when are the bonuses being paid rather all this hot air.