Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Final...

Youri McAnespie

• Members

Fantastic Final capping a fantastic tournament.

Best team won it imo.

1,France

2,Croatia

3,Belgium

4,England

Who'd have thought it?

Funny how we all see things differently eh? Can't whinge with 6 goals to enjoy - one unjust, one a comedy farce.

Just thought the game didn't match the scoreline. France misfiring for around 70-80 minutes with a devastating 10 minutes putting the whole shebang to bed. Croatia dominated first half but I never felt any threat to my gambling dosh. Always felt France could move up a gear if required.

Watching one of those blokes in a studio talking about football programmes on Spanish TV and they are doing a team of the tournament. All of them have the same English player in and it’s not Harry Kane.

Pickford? He was immense.

See, to me his arm goes down at the same speed and almost parallel with Matuidi's

Only he will ever know, but I just can't see how he can give that

His arm just mirrors what his other arm was doing I.e. part of his jump.

If he meant that, he should audition for X-Men. Everything looks intentional in slo-mo too.

Neville will be gutted he can no longer claim to be the best full back from bury

I had him behind Lindsay as it was

Was he even the best full back in his family? (borrowed from cricket)

Currently on holiday in Croatia and watched the game in the town last night, amazing atmosphere and not an ounce of trouble with Croatia losing, they celebrated after the final whistle as if they’d won the cup! Singing, dancing and letting flares off, A kid lit a flare near us and a boats cover set on fire, was put out reasonably quickly though????

Currently on holiday in Croatia and watched the game in the town last night, amazing atmosphere and not an ounce of trouble with Croatia losing, they celebrated after the final whistle as if they’d won the cup! Singing, dancing and letting flares off, A kid lit a flare near us and a boats cover set on fire, was put out reasonably quickly though

I bet it was a great night.

Times are changing and too many idiots use any large gathering as an excuse to be a cunt.

I was in Paris on the night of the 98 final and also on the night of the Euro 2000 final and the mood was definitely celebratory and euphoric back then.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.