Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Matchday Prices

radcliffe white

something which we will never ever do and something i will add to the list "Shite mount types and should only think"

My point is the reality that we are not a 20k + club. we have had averages in the prem that high but we aren't that level.

We had over 20k on for a league 1 game against Peterborough, your logic as often is baffling but your a nice lad so I’ll leave it there. ????

We had over 20k on for a league 1 game against Peterborough, your logic as often is baffling but your a nice lad so I’ll leave it there. ????

Bit of a freak game to use to be fair. Much more worthwhile comparing average attendances rather than a promotion-winning game. No doubting our potential for getting 20,000+ crowds on the right occasion, but it’s not going to happen every week unless we’re in the Premier League.

Bit of a freak game to use to be fair. Much more worthwhile comparing average attendances rather than a promotion-winning game. No doubting our potential for getting 20,000+ crowds on the right occasion, but it’s not going to happen every week unless we’re in the Premier League.

I know that but according to Big E we should tailor our stadium to 19k. What his point is god only knows. Our ambition surely is to fill the stadium and 28k capacity isn’t ridiculous given even our average crowd and a decent number of games last season where we attracted over 19k and where we were often bottom.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

We have to maximise our revenue and unfortunately as our home support is relatively weak we need to ensure big away followings are maximised. It’s ususlly same folk moaning about ticket prices are the ones moaning when we don’t sign anyone.

For some 30 odd quid is prohibitive. Particularly when you add on travel, ale etc.

You made the point that folk will give back season tickets; not sure about that but agree that if some are waiting to see if we sign anyone before buying then they may not bother.

Lower pricing might attract a few more walk ons, particularly if we start ok.

Stadium size is fine for me.

The biggest issue for me is that all of football is too expensive, wages are too high (at the higher ends) and associated costs.

Without my st I doubt I’d get my arse to midweek games

Good thing last season was free upgrade as too late for lad midweek took mate instead

I agree - midweek games are an absolute ball ache.  OK 8pm is fine giving you time to get there, but by the time the game finishes, get back on the motorway, drive home, get junior to bed, calm down (as for some reason the game is always going round in my head), its well after midnight.

In terms of season tickets, I was speaking to a lad, who's dad works in the ticket office and we are about 500 down on last year.

I know that but according to Big E we should tailor our stadium to 19k. What his point is god only knows. Our ambition surely is to fill the stadium and 28k capacity isn’t ridiculous given even our average crowd and a decent number of games last season where we attracted over 19k and where we were often bottom.

My point is the issue with walk up crowds isn’t an issue. They just don’t exist

• Site Supporter

£15 for walk ups or £35 won’t make a great deal of difference. £15 on a Tuesday at home to Rotherham will still attract less folk than £35 at home to Villa on a Boxing Day.

Winning football puts bums on seats, not an attractive price structure. Always has been and always will be the case

Probably explains why we have Mongos whinging when we are reduced to Gary o neill

It's Anderson's job to get as much cash as possible into the club and his pricing didn't stop us being one of the top attended grounds for away fans last season

Good to know your concerned with the average man in the street . Heard of twentys plenty?