Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading Away

burnden

Buckley is the Raheem Sterling of our team. Not in any footballing sense but he is the player some of our support have decided to pick on.

It was a spot in the squad that needed filling after Darren Pratley’s departure.

Official scapegoat.

Vela seems to be another candidate, surprisingly overlooked up to now despite being a homegrown player.

Wow. Using ALF as an impact sub and having a target up front worked.

We played better first half because we had a presence up front. It worked well. Should have been in front at half time.

Ultimately Parky kept a bunch of misfits up. With a half decent team now he seems to be able to take us further forward. Why anyone would question him is beyond me.

I am not saying it’s surprising you bellend. I am just pointing out it wasn’t a master stroke only starting with one up front. We were relegated until the last 5 minutes. People need to remember this

Official scapegoat.

Vela seems to be another candidate, surprisingly overlooked up to now despite being a homegrown player.

I've never been a vela fan but he's doing decent job of linking midfield and the frontline and his fitness is top class even if technically he's not that brilliant.

I've never been a vela fan but he's doing decent job of linking midfield and the frontline and his fitness is top class even if technically he's not that brilliant.

Love his energy and passion. Not sure he’s scapegoated when folk say we could do with something a little more creative in there, especially at home.

Vela is just the obvious choice to be replaced.

Chances ALF would have stuck away.

Throwing him in like that was madness

No it wasn’t. It gave us a far better shape. And left ALF to be an impact sub. Which is all he really is at this level.

We’d been playing ALF and it wasn’t working. Having a target completely changed us on the last day. Of course it was a 38 year old who couldn’t jump but still it made a huge difference, and your comments reflect how we should never let fans pick a team.

• Moderators

Buckley is the Raheem Sterling of our team. Not in any footballing sense but he is the player some of our support have decided to pick on.

It was a spot in the squad that needed filling after Darren Pratley’s departure.

I expected Taylor to step into the role tbh

Still time

Fan5 for a start. Not that it’s a surprise since he/she does fuck all else on here

How the fuck am I moaning? Pointing out what an amazing job Parky is doing. His detractors are the ones that are moaning constantly. He got lucky apparently because they can’t ever give the man credit.