Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading Away

burnden

I don't see anyone dominating football like Man Utd or Liverpool did. Not for as long. There is too much money in the game and too many billionaires looking for a few years of glory for that to happen. People struggle to win back to back titles and also, managers just don't stay long term like Fergie did anymore, nor is it feasible to have a Liverpool style boot room production line. 

The dislike of Man City is odd. The lads I know from Manc are all sound. They piss the rags off, what's not to like.

Saying that the amount who like the rags on here is embarrassing

Indeed. I know a lot of Citeh fans and they are all sound. One or two bit big headed now, but they’ve all been long suffering and are enjoying their time now. Fact they piss United off is a bonus.

The dislike of Man City is odd. The lads I know from Manc are all sound. They piss the rags off, what's not to like.

Saying that the amount who like the rags on here is embarrassing

I've a few City mates who are sound too, I don't like them en masse though.

Mind you I don't like many team's fans en masse, even ours!

Five years since the rags won the league now. This year very likely to be six. It's mounting up nicely. In the 70s and 80s it was a joy to keep reminding the arrogant twats how long it was since they'd won the title. A dagger to the heart of their arrogance. The fact that it is City who are the chief obstacle is icing on the cake.

Edited by paulhanley

Five years since the rags won the league now. This year very likely to be six. It's mounting up nicely. In the 70s and 80s it was a joy to keep reminding the arrogant twats how long it was since they'd won the title. A dagger to the heart of their arrogance. The fact that it is City who are the chief obstacle is icing on the cake.

Exactly. Chuck in a Liverpool title (just one mind) in between City's almost total dominance and the dmbs would be spitting

• Moderators

I've a few City mates who are sound too, I don't like them en masse though.

Mind you I don't like many team's fans en masse, even ours!

About right

Most fans I know of any team are individually sound lads

But across the board city are up there with the worst of them for me

You ever been in a pub full of city watching them on tv? They always come across as angry cunts

A City fan from Bolton is as bad as Man U or Liverpool ones. Same filthy disease, just different strains.

In one. If they aren’t with us, they’re against us. Fuck ‘em.

Also remember it kicking off like fuck when they beat us 1-0 in 2000ish when they only had the lower tier because of the hotel being built. Batons out and all sorts because of City fans jumping up in ESL.

About right

Most fans I know of any team are individually sound lads

But across the board city are up there with the worst of them for me

You ever been in a pub full of city watching them on tv? They always come across as angry cunts

Aye when we beat them under megson bloke saw me cheering. Started giving it buzzing and all that and I think he twigged I might have been a Bolton fan in orange grove ha. Didn't look happy (was when it was open to everyone)

No they're not. Bad but not a rag

Slightly off topic, but the amount of people I see in Liverpool shirts in Nottingham is really striking. Not kids but older blokes, in fact I'd go as far to say I see as many Liverpool shirts as I do Forest in the city centre.

Always thought that was strange, they're of an age when Forest and Liverpool would have been huge rivals when they were kids surely.

Its amazing how many older men wear City shirts in the Horwich area.In all honesty I only know several City fans in the town (unlike the rags) I guess they may have just been hiding their colours all these years be interesting to see how the pendulum swings when their city supporting kids get older.

Anyway all traiters apart from those born in the city.