Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

What Is The Point?

globaldiver

Biologically I would say that the purpose of life is to create more life and to 'live on' through the DNA that you spread.

I've taken great pride in seeing my little girl grow up, make a home and a career for herself and find a partner that makes her happy, me and the wife are really looking forward to our first grandchild being born in October.

There are lots of things that I enjoy but being with my family is always the greatest.

I agree however...

Legoland Windsor - 1 night in the hotel and 2 days in the park - £750

Blackpool Tower, Dino golf and the odd bit down the prom - £50

Rather do legoland once a year than 15x Blackpool

You would be lucky!!

Despite being ill as fuck I went to watch D.R.I. in town on Sunday - it were great, hearing 'tunes' from my youth being belted out within spitting distance of Bradshawgate Taxis and Bolton Supper Bar :)

Blimey!!!! They should've played at Ritzy's back in the 80s but had to cancel due to some earthquake or natural disaster or other in the US.

Had a good few albums of their's and a video. Crossover, 4 of a Kind, etc. Sold the vid not long back on Ebay.

Our teenage thrash/grunge band played support to Raging Kipper at Sundowners one weekend and "Couch Slouch" was one of the songs we covered!!!!

As you get older your lifestyle changes and for the better in most cases, kids grown up, more freedom to do what you want instead of thinking of others. Just come back off our holidays (no kids) off to the 80's festival this weekend for the second year running (no kids) it's my time now and i'm enjoying every fucking minute of it

You're a long time dead

• Site Supporter

I'll work everyday as long as the kids are warm clothed and have full bellies, 

however my wife seems to want to make a series of "experiences", even now she's talking about blackpool, apparently it's only 30 quid for 3 of us with some discount, problem is we'll end up spending about 50 quid on other things, 

next breath its Eureaka, 

Kids have been to Blackpool, camping for a week, Southport, numerous other day trips. Meanswhile i didn't go camping because we're skint and i had to stay home and work. She doesn't quite understand that i'm in work and my business is struggling.. 

Stop press in the time i've written this she's announced she wants to take them to the Maize Maze, 

oh and now the sea life centre....

For me it's providing for my family. All of us being happy including me.

As for everything else. I am thankful I was born easily pleased. It's lead to a good life so far.

Without going off tangent I believe in something after this life but hard to know/understand what?

Blimey!!!! They should've played at Ritzy's back in the 80s but had to cancel due to some earthquake or natural disaster or other in the US.

Had a good few albums of their's and a video. Crossover, 4 of a Kind, etc. Sold the vid not long back on Ebay.

Our teenage thrash/grunge band played support to Raging Kipper at Sundowners one weekend and "Couch Slouch" was one of the songs we covered!!!!

Fucking Raging Kipper were the bane of my life in the late 80s.

Couldn't seem to go for a pint without those fuckers doing a set.

Remember once in the Blue Boar when the lead singers mic packed up on him mid gig so he thought singing into a pint pot would work instead.

I'd heard that, but put it down as a pisstake by older scene members on us young nuggets...

Or that wires had been crossed because of their famous NYC Ritz gig.

If it was true then hundreds of metalheads and punks would've been forced to go to Ciro Cittero or Burton for crap pants, shirt and shoes to get in. :)

I also heard Death Angel played or were supposed to play the Crown and Flick too.

On the subject of Raging Kipper, I have in a nostalgia box a flyer of a gig they played at Wigan Bus Driver's Club, also on the bill were some unknown yank blokes, Green Day I think they were called.

Wonder where they went?

I'm 34 and Friday seems to be replaced shortly after by Monday and before you realise it,Its Friday again and so on. Point being it appers to be flying by far too fast. Life is blink and you will miss it. That's from someone who hopefully isnt even half way there yet.

• Site Supporter

S’all about the kids.

They say you sacrifice so much to be a parent but the truth is you aren’t sacrificing anything, just doing what comes naturally.

I’m fucking tired though. So very very tired.

the truth is you aren’t sacrificing anything, just doing what comes naturally.

Bullshit! You are sacrificing disposable income.

By the time my youngest (and last) goes to school ill have spent £81000 on childcare, give or take.

S’all about the kids.

They say you sacrifice so much to be a parent but the truth is you aren’t sacrificing anything, just doing what comes naturally.

I’m fucking tired though. So very very tired.

Have a +1.

I’ve asked google if you can die from sleep deprivation. You can. Hope that isn’t the way I go.

Always been important to me to feel like I've done my bit for the world. Hopefully I am. Just had a kid and suddenly every decision I make I think about them. Massive game changer. Funny I moan about Bolton etc but really it means fuck all. I've had far more enjoyment from following Bolton then bad.

If I had a child it wouldn't impact upon me at all in its early years - it could sleep in a drawer, wear old towels as nappies etc.

In its later years it'd hopefully be like a combination of the first half of Full Metal Jacket (with me as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman obvs) for it, and for me and the nipper's mum, Human Traffic*.

*An early middle-age version of Human Traffic.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Ensuring your children are fully supported and evolve to become respectful, hard working and successful, happy adults.

When that part of your job is done, your freedom is next.

Retirement ASAP and getting out of the rat race.

Amen to that.