Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheffield United Home

jeep

Number 4 Lowe, has to have been one of the worst players I've seen. He even did a headed clearance from the edge of Sheff U box.

Poor performance I’ll give you, but if he’s one of the worst players then you’ve obviously not been to a game all season given he’s been a solid 7 every week.

There’ll be many more of these afternoons. Particularly at home especially when we play 2 defensive midfielders

Even mid table teams in this league play us off the park. Not a criticism. Just a fact

Obviously I’m not there today but when we set up like we set up, your bang on with this.

We will grind plenty of results out, which is great. But the toys need to stay in the pram when we get turned over.

Plenty will do that to us today.

They are the type of team we struggle to deal with. High pressing team that plays quick passing footbsll with strikers that Run the channels. Absolute nightmare for us. We sit too deep and don't close anybody down.Like watching a premier league team play a Sunday league team. Only Alnwick gets any credit, everyone else poor .They won't get an easier game all season.

Having said that we aren't going to be up against that style every week so we will be fine. I'm confident of a result at Preston.

• Site Supporter

Talk about being found out. I assume there were loads of injuries from Wednesday night to change half the team.

As brilliant as Ameobi was, on occasion, he was also so bloody anonymous I'd forgotten he was still on the pitch on occasion too.

We were terrible, everyone looked leggy, you could tell we had played a tough game in midweek and they had a week off. I’m not sure we would have done any better without the midweek game but it definitely didn’t help.

Only plus point was Alnwick, 2 incredible saves, the one in the 1st few minutes on to the bar is one of the best I’ve ever seen live.

We’re still third, we had to lose at some point, we lost to a very good team. Dust ourselves down and go again against Preston, who were apparently pretty poor themselves today.

We were dreadful but Leon Clarke wearing gloves in August should dock them points.

Agree with that. The tart.

But we couldn't deal with his movement at all in the first half. Constantly dropping deep and looking for the ball. None of our lot had a clue how to deal with him. Can only assume he picked up a knock and that was why he was brought off.

• Site Supporter

. Dust ourselves down and go again against Preston, who were apparently pretty poor themselves today.

Oh God, we're going to end up watching two teams trying to be the least shit next week. Never makes for entertaining day out.