Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheffield United Home

jeep

• Moderators

And also, Jonathon Grounds, Jesus wept.

Don’t want to say it, as it was literally his first game, but don’t think he can start again.

Hopefully he just had a bad day, but he was absolutely annihalated today.

Not like you to over react

That was so one sided - they reminded me of Wolves last season, only with smaller and quieter support.

Grounds appears to have attended the Mark Beevers school of distribution. Jason Lowe looked like Paul Comstive and unfortunately played like him as well. A very bad day at the office today

• Site Supporter

There’ll be many more of these afternoons. Particularly at home especially when we play 2 defensive midfielders

Even mid table teams in this league play us off the park. Not a criticism. Just a fact

carry on likethat and we will be bottom by the end of october

Absolutely dreadful. Managed to stick it out until 80 mins - god knows how. Couldn't see why we didn't change things at half time after what must have been one of the worst first halves in a long time. 

I'd like to think we can set up better than that & play better than that. 

carry on likethat and we will be bottom by the end of october

We like all teams In this league will go 4 or 5 games unbeaten followed by 4 or 5 games without a win

We will invariabley lose more games than we win or draw let’s not let our quite frankly unbelievable start allow us to lose sight of that.

We all know what our back line are good at but we also know what tears them to pieces. Movement, quick one touch football and runs in and around them. There are another dozen teams like Sheff United in this league who can do exactly the same to us as they have

We’re banking on getting results against the other dozen or so who don’t do it. Ie: Birmingham’s, Readings etc

It’s important we don’t let our start turn to shit but a bit of perspective is needed overall

Left side of defence was the problem, and Vela didn’t have a clue what he was there for apart from doing Nolan arm waving impressions. And Ameoebi needs to find a tackle from somewhere

They were a good side who knew what each other was doing and just passsed the ball around us.

Thankfully we won’t play many teams who play this way again this season.

Change back to the team we had v Brum and get 2 up front and we may have a chance.

Well, that was fooking dire! All over the pitch we were dreadful, Sheff Utd could have won about 6 nil easily. 

Luke Murphy? Blimey, he seems to get worse every time I see him play, no wonder we didn't pay a bean for him, even though he was still under contract when we signed him.

Don’t mind getting beat as long as players give 100%.

Today that was utter shite.

We looked like we were playing a friendly.

They could and should have won by at least double that score.

Fuck it off as bad day at office.

Wanted to remain unbeaten going into Preston.

O well - let’s show them who the biggest team in Lancashire is.

Don’t mind getting beat as long as players give 100%.

Today that was utter shite.

We looked like we were playing a friendly.

They could and should have won by at least double that score.

Fuck it off as bad day at office.

Wanted to remain unbeaten going into Preston.

O well - let’s show them who the biggest team in Lancashire is.

I think Utd, City, Liverpool and Everton are bigger than us or Preston

• Site Supporter

A lot of over reaction here. Christ almighty. It was poor, course it was. Didn’t get to grips with them and could have been a goal down before they did score.

Beaten by the better side, it will happen again before long too. As long as we keep our name out of the bottom 3 by May I’m happy.

FWIW, I thought Grounds and Murphy were poor, Vela never got involved, Buckley disappointing but not surprised. No scapegoats, just a poor performance.

If anyone goes with an old fart called David, sits behind Row U in the ESL and hated Pratley last season, his time is almost up before I butt the moaning prick. Murphy is his latest pick

• Moderators

I’m all for rotation but when your back line kept clean sheets why change

I like Taylor

Plenty dont

Somebody on here reckons he was running through quicksand on Wednesday

He was in the box for our goal so clearly it was bollocks but I've no issue protecting him

Its a long season

No time to over react balance of the team wasn’t right today we’ll see in the next 4 games whether that today was a fluke or the first four games were or more likely it’s this mad league.

He doesn’t fancy Taylor drops him at every opportunity why you’d change a back 4 that’s done so well god knows. Grounds and Murphy were poor but first time I’ve seen em play so early days. Velas under pressure to start games and get a new contract imo the clock is ticking he’s just not influencing games enough and still doesn’t look like we know his best position

Edited by onlyoneawalker

I like Taylor

Plenty dont

He was in the box for our goal so clearly it was bollocks but I've no issue protecting him

Its a long season

indeed a long season but decisions like this put me off the guy

Did the same with little last year

Can understand Parky making a couple of changes, with us playing midweek and Sheff Utd fresh as a daisy, but 5 changes was way too many. No way he should have dropped Taylor at Left Back, he's not the greatest, but has done nowt wrong so far this season and we managed to keep a clean sheet against Brum on Wednesday. I can see the Ameobi & Buckley thing starting them two after their impressive cameos, but just wish Parky wouldn't over do things, just because he has more strength in depth this season.

A lot of over reaction here. Christ almighty. It was poor, course it was. Didn’t get to grips with them and could have been a goal down before they did score.

Beaten by the better side, it will happen again before long too. As long as we keep our name out of the bottom 3 by May I’m happy.

FWIW, I thought Grounds and Murphy were poor, Vela never got involved, Buckley disappointing but not surprised. No scapegoats, just a poor performance.

If anyone goes with an old fart called David, sits behind Row U in the ESL and hated Pratley last season, his time is almost up before I butt the moaning prick. Murphy is his latest pick

I think I know who you mean.

Poor ... We need to find a different way of playing at home

We just let teams have the ball with time to do what ever they want.

As previous posts Murphy , vela , grounds Lowe, Buckley .. Not at the races

Next Preston COYWM

I like Taylor

Plenty dont

Its a long season

You do it just to be a contrary Mary though

Taylor’s effort and attitude at Burton away last season alone should be enough for you not to go out of your way to “protect him”

He hit ubercunt status then