Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Official B*stard F*cking Trains Thread

Youri McAnespie

Mid 70s intercity125. I am not a train buff I just watched a documentary on it yesterday, Time watch on iPlayer,

Sure, but when did it privatise?

Edited by boltondiver

Between 1994 and 1997, British Rail was privatised. Ownership of the track and infrastructure passed to Railtrack on 1 April 1994. Passenger operations were later franchised to 25 private-sector operators and the freight services were sold to six companies, five of whom were owned by the same buyer.

Not true. The system was as good as any in Europe and intercity the fastest way to travel outside of Japan. This is why it was privatised as it was a good investment not because private companies were going to be its saviour.

There were faster trains than the Intercity 125 you mentioned on another post in the pre-war, pre-nationalised railways.

I really don’t know what I’m talking about but a quick search shows that the 125 broke the world record for a diesel and was faster than any steam powered engine.

One thing I read was they toughened the drivers window as youth thought it fun to hang bricks from a bridge to smash them. Happy days.

I really don’t know what I’m talking about but a quick search shows that the 125 broke the world record for a diesel and was faster than any steam powered engine.

One thing I read was they toughened the drivers window as youth thought it fun to hang bricks from a bridge to smash them. Happy days.

We're they wearing sandals?

• 4 months later...

What's the latest update on trains on Saturdays? Manc Victoria to Horwich. Are we over the strikes and engineering works finally?

Trying to plan ahead to block out as many Saturdays as possible when we have a home game to try to raise myself up from supershitfan to merely shitfan status and to make it a day out with a few beers, football and food so trying to avoid driving

Jesus - just looked - we've only got 5 more home Saturday games to the end of the season

9th Feb - Preston

16th Feb - Norwich (FA Cup permitting)

9th Mar - Millwall

6th Apr - Ipswich

27th Apr - Brentford

Been to Sydney recently. Spotlessly clean double decker trains with a minimum of 8 carriages. Bang on time. Loads of seats. Nobody standing up. Cheap as chips

Was on one train that pisses all over anything you’d find in the UK and was told it was an old one and they were being replaced

We basically live in a 3rd world shithole

17 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Been to Sydney recently. Spotlessly clean double decker trains with a minimum of 8 carriages. Bang on time. Loads of seats. Nobody standing up. Cheap as chips

Was on one train that pisses all over anything you’d find in the UK and was told it was an old one and they were being replaced

We basically live in a 3rd world shithole

Sounds like you're ready for joining your old mate Bolty and relocating to Oz :D

17 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Sounds like you're ready for joining your old mate Bolty and relocating to Oz :D

I’d move there in a heartbeat. I’d avoid that mad owd fecker though. :D

It’s superb. He’s definitely got it sussed

Edited by mickbrown

• Site Supporter

the trouble is that they say they're running and they just fucking cancel at a minutes notice the despicable cunts.

Had to fork out £40 for an Uber the other week when a train simply didn't turn up.

At least in the 3rd world they show up, you may have to sit on the roof.

• 2 weeks later...

Any further updates ?

Love Ishy's mini buzz from outside Whitemans gaff to Piccadilly at 6,30 am on away days . But it is getting inconvienient.

Plus Pinocheo's old man has now pitched up nearer to Old Slappers public house.

So thats another great spanner in the works.

Roll on Sheffield away.

Hopefully trains back on.

No longer dry Jan

Football and Beer .