Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Qpr

miamiwhite

Big game.

3-3.

Trevor Francis, Gerry Francis and Stu Francis (og) for them.

Tony Henry, Thierry Henry and Karl Henry for us.

Henri Lloyd had one disallowed as did Peter Thompson, Alan Thompson and Thomson Holidays.

I think the modern phrase is PMSL or something. In old speak, very very funny.

0-0, after a Beevers long ball hits Marc Iles in the crowd, who is then vacated, and the match postpones after 53 minutes.

4,203 in attendance, chairmen Ken Anderson shouts to the Bolton fans from the away end.

Singing “Your support is f****g* s**t

A tweet by son, Lee Anderson, is then sent out on the following Monday morning, with fire emojis.

This is after Bolton complete the signing of a new groundsman.

We need 3 points from this, with the games after we have.

3-1

I don't see that. We have Boro away that looks really tough. I still wouldn't write us off in it.

Ipswich away and Derby at home - both winnable in my view.

The squad we've got this season - we won't win ever week, sometimes we'll be thumped, but I think we've enough to have a chance going into any game. As early results show. 

• Moderators

I don't see that. We have Boro away that looks really tough. I still wouldn't write us off in it.

Ipswich away and Derby at home - both winnable in my view.

The squad we've got this season - we won't win ever week, sometimes we'll be thumped, but I think we've enough to have a chance going into any game. As early results show. 

from what I've seen so far I'd fancy us as more likely to get a point at Boro than at home V Derby

early days, doing well, but we seem better equipped away from home and have been 2nd best in all 3 homes games - the better teams will capitalise if we continue like we have been at home

I expect 3 points v Ipswich though

edit: thought Ipswich was at home, so now expect a point, but no reason we can't get 3, they're shit

Edited by ZicoKelly

from what I've seen so far I'd fancy us as more likely to get a point at Boro than at home V Derby

early days, doing well, but we seem better equipped away from home and have been 2nd best in all 3 homes games - the better teams will capitalise if we continue like we have been at home

I expect 3 points v Ipswich though

edit: thought Ipswich was at home, so now expect a point, but no reason we can't get 3, they're shit

Fwank Lampards passing game will be exposed by Gaz O'Neil and Lowe and big Josh will terrorise their defence....

Need to get the balance right at home but I think Williams all round game will help with that massively. 

Do we need O'Neil and lowe at home to someone like QPR for example?

The young evertonian seems just the dynamic midfielder that would allow a more positive, expansive approach without weakening the defensive side of things unduly.

On Saturday O'Neil and Williams pushed on and Lowe sat. It had a nice balance to it and all three could pass a ball. 

Not sure whether it works the same at home we'll have to see. We aren't going to play two up front, unless one of the strikers plays wide.

I guess the question is whether we put Oztumer in for one of the midfield 3. The danger of that as we saw against Birmingham is being able to get him in the game. He looked a bit lost and we looked a bit lightweight in midfield.