Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Qpr

miamiwhite

There’s been one or two changes in the midfield for a variety of reasons so far but non of that 3 needs changing for QPR

O’Neil will struggle when we get in to the sat - tues - sat routine but after an international break he will be good to go again

Only question Mark is on the left

Do feel sorry for Oz too at the minute he can’t get a look in and he’s just the type we need in a midfield but when the team have started so well no one can have a complaint about not getting a chance at the minute

Edited by barrycowdrill

from what I've seen so far I'd fancy us as more likely to get a point at Boro than at home V Derby

early days, doing well, but we seem better equipped away from home and have been 2nd best in all 3 homes games - the better teams will capitalise if we continue like we have been at home

I expect 3 points v Ipswich though

edit: thought Ipswich was at home, so now expect a point, but no reason we can't get 3, they're shit

Better equipped for away. But you reduce points cos you thought Ipswich was a home game ?

There’s been one or two changes in the midfield for a variety of reasons so far but non of that 3 needs changing for QPR

O’Neil will struggle when we get in to the sat - tues - sat routine but after an international break he will be good to go again

Only question Mark is on the left

Do feel sorry for Oz too at the minute he can’t get a look in and he’s just the type we need in a midfield but when the team have started so well no one can have a complaint about not getting a chance at the minute

Started well in away games, started poorly in home games. Not compared to same month last season obviously but it's been a while since we have had 3 consecutive home games creating so little. Room for improvement, because of the 4 wingers starting at home so far, only ameobi has played anything like well. So plenty of scope for Oz to get a chance especially as Murphy surely has to be ditched for the foreseeable.

I'd build the mid field around those 2 personally, different types of players. Williams looks good but he's not a scorer or creator. The goal Oz got at Leeds wouldn't have been scored by any bolton player apart from maybe Sammi. I'm sure he would have calmly took 1 of the half chances we had at PNE.

In theory Williams could play alongside Lowe and Oz in front

Williams to me seems to be a bit of a throwback as people refer to them nowadays. Ie a proper midfielder.

We know how Parky likes to use those 2 midfielders sat in front. Not massively progressive, defensive duties first. So I fear that would take a lot away from Williams game and we won’t get the best out of him

Tough one

• Moderators

Better equipped for away. But you reduce points cos you thought Ipswich was a home game ?

Yep, the better equipped away was about getting points off strong teams like derby or Boro, we've been a bit more resolute away and a bit shitter at home, so far

Regardless Ipswich are shit and I'd hope to beat them at home, and shit enough to fancy at least a point away

Despite being unbeaten away after the previous two seasons at this level i don't get my hopes up on the road just yet

What we are doing is working well

Can try out expansive fancy theories if we have 30 points by christmas

Fair point but if we have accumulated 30 points by Christmas then I would prefer they continue with the same tactics as whatever we are doing it works for the players in our squad