Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Best German City For Xmas Markets

Ani

Apart from ale and maybe the odd sausage what the f*ck could any self-respecting man want from a Christmas Market?

Go whoring, boozing and drugging on the Reeperbahn instead.

Did you see the word family in original post ?

Your attempts to be ‘out there’ do not often work.

Did you see the word family in original post ?

Your attempts to be ‘out there’ do not often work.

Perhaps, but I also notice your thread has been hijacked and is on course for becoming yet another 'muzzie' thread...

If you're after Chocolate Box picturesque Christmassy I concur with Boby, Prague in the snow is magical (away from the whorey, boozy, druggy bit).

Colmar, France (no idea where it is) looks really nice

https://www.europeanbestdestinations.com/christmas-markets/

Good link that mate

Blimey that takes me back, been there and it is beautiful. Was seeing a girl at Uni and her work placement was in Belfort.

Ani asked for German markets, Colmar is in the Alsace which historically has switched between the two countries. It feels very Germanic.

Basel airport nearby too

Edited by jayjayoghani

Re Colmar....I’ve mentioned the markets around Alsace several times previously especially to L/H White....

You’ll not beat the Riquewihr markets anywhere in Europe.

Second home for me now, been there many times, outrageously beautiful and scenic.

Approx 8 miles from Colmar which is a very poor cousin to be honest.

Flights to Basel are dirt cheap, then a taxi up to Alsace.

• Members

Perhaps, but I also notice your thread has been hijacked and is on course for becoming yet another 'muzzie' thread...

Let me get this right. Reminding people of what happened at the Berlin Christmas Market two years ago is hijacking this specific thread is it?

I wouldn't want even my worst enemy on here to be caught up in any of that shit so a timely reminder is warranted as far as I am concerned. Maybe then they might choose a less high profile city to attend?

If that makes it 'yet another muzzie thread' then so be it. The truth a bit too uncomfortable for you and a few others I can think of on here? 

Let me get this right. Reminding people of what happened at the Berlin Christmas Market two years ago is hijacking this specific thread is it?

I wouldn't want even my worst enemy on here to be caught up in any of that shit so a timely reminder is warranted as far as I am concerned. Maybe then they might choose a less high profile city to attend?

If that makes it 'yet another muzzie thread' then so be it. The truth a bit too uncomfortable for you and a few others I can think of on here? 

Surely you wouldn't change or make any plans based on a terror attack happening - if so, then they've already won, and I feel sorry for you living the rest of your life in fear

Surely you wouldn't change or make any plans based on a terror attack happening - if so, then they've already won, and I feel sorry for you living the rest of your life in fear

You often hear that but how have they won?

Their aim to establish a worldwide Islamic caliphate not stopping me going to the Trafford Centre.

• Members

:lol:  I don't fear much matey. Certainly not changing my life for those odious fuckers.

I was merely saying that I might choose Bayreuth rather than Berlin or Mainz rather than Munich. As a punter, I am always interested in tipping odds in my favour.