Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Uefa Nations League

HomerJay

Better than friendlies

Though I was far more looking forward to it during the world cup when I first heard about it than I am now

I'd much rather be playing Spain and Croatia in this than starting our qualification campaign away in a shit game against Azerbaijan.

The competition itself is a great idea.

What isn't so great is that the last 4 qualification places for the Euros are decided by it. Look at the quality of some of the teams in group 4. At least one of them will qualify. Madness.

Don't have an issue with that with 24 teams qualifying. If it was 16 or 8, then yes, but 1 out of 24 is fine IMO

Thought it was a tournament to get rid of shit like san marino, Luxemburg, scotland etc and only the winners get to go through the qualifying rounds for tournaments. Saves us playing against the said shit teams to qualify

runs alongside the Euro Qualifiers

gives the winners a chance to qualify for the Euros in addition to the group theyre drawn in

England could win it, finish bottom of their qualifying group and be at the Euros 

So when do Euro qualifiers get played?

draw in Dec and start March 2019 

on a slightly different note, read the other day due to the WC in 2022 being moved to December the qualifiers for Euro 2024 will already be underway with some scheduled for Oct / Nov so qualifying games will also have to be used as WC warm up games

madness 

Edited by barrycowdrill

draw in Dec and start March 2019

on a slightly different note, read the other day due to the WC in 2022 being moved to December the qualifiers for Euro 2024 will already be underway with some scheduled for Oct / Nov so qualifying games will also have to be used as WC warm up games

madness

I still have hope that 2022 tournament will be stripped from Qatar, they have enough to justify it, place is still in political chaos and the number of slave labour construction workers that have died already is huge, well over 1000.

There's still time to strip it, keep it in summer, award it to another host, but money talks.

I still have hope that 2022 tournament will be stripped from Qatar, they have enough to justify it, place is still in political chaos and the number of slave labour construction workers that have died already is huge, well over 1000.

There's still time to strip it, keep it in summer, award it to another host, but money talks.

Qatar could bankrupt FIFA if they pull it now. For that reason I think it will be In Qatar

• Site Supporter

Qatar could bankrupt FIFA if they pull it now. For that reason I think it will be In Qatar

Fuck em. Suggestions of dodgy deals all over, so would Qatar really drag it through some international court?

Not that fifa are a model organisation either so fuck them too, as they've not got the balls.

Personally I'd like to see all the countries withdraw from FIFA and set up something else.

Fuck em. Suggestions of dodgy deals all over, so would Qatar really drag it through some international court?

Not that fifa are a model organisation either so fuck them too, as they've not got the balls.

Personally I'd like to see all the countries withdraw from FIFA and set up something else.

i have absolutely no faith in Infantino to rid FIFA of these goings on either.

He was around in the Blatter & Platini days and to expect people to believe he had no knowledge / involvement in the dealings is bollocks.

another one cut from the same cloth 

Reckon im in the minority but Im actually quite looking forward to having a world cup around christmas time.

It will be weird and wouldn't want it every time, but as one off I honestly think it will be great. 

Not sure what sort of kick off times it will be though:

+5 hours arent they?

so would assume 8/9 am, 12 then about 4pm?