Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Used Motor, Second Car

jimmyjoojar

Any one much in the know here on used motors? My missus is leaving her current job where she's supplied with a company motor. New job is better paid but no car.

We're looking at something 2-3 years old, small and easy on the eye, but not a tiny box al la Aygo, Up!, Ka etc.

Budget is approx £8000.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

A lot of car dealers get theirs from websites and auctions is my look on it, so cutting the dealer out is the better option. Im after a car the same age group and this is the line im taking. My gaffer had a Nissan Duke and in 4 years its worth went from £22,000 to the £6,000 trade in he was offered. I reckon 4yr old cars are good value.

I've got the reverse situation. Started a new job with a company car. Webuyanycar any good for getting rid of the old motor and a bit of cash?

And in answer to your question - Suzuki swift. What car rated it the best small car on the market a few years ago. It's never let the Mrs down

Edited by Duck Egg

I've got the reverse situation. Started a new job with a company car. Webuyanycar any good for getting rid of the old motor and a bit of cash?

And in answer to your question - Suzuki swift. What car rated it the best small car on the market a few years ago. It's never let the Mrs down

Sell your car to JJJ. 

job done.

Do tell, reg, mileage? Spec?

Jimmy i am starting new job which comes with a car so need to flog mine shortly

I have a 63 plate Ecoboost Focus 1.0 5 door zetec

20 quid tax, does about 40mpg or 50mpg if you go economical

28000 miles

Looking at about 6500 for it when i come to sell it as i need to get rid

May be too big for you though

A lot of car dealers get theirs from websites and auctions is my look on it, so cutting the dealer out is the better option. Im after a car the same age group and this is the line im taking. My gaffer had a Nissan Duke and in 4 years its worth went from £22,000 to the £6,000 trade in he was offered. I reckon 4yr old cars are good value.

I work at a large car supermarket type of place and yes most of our stock is from auctions. Also part ex’s and ex rentals and mobility cars. You will get cheaper deals from the auctions but when we get them we give them a full mechanical check. Fix any issues and do any bodywork needed on the car. With these prep costs and obviously a bit of profit on top you are generally getting a better condition and well serviced car for the extra money at a dealer.

Any one much in the know here on used motors? My missus is leaving her current job where she's supplied with a company motor. New job is better paid but no car.

We're looking at something 2-3 years old, small and easy on the eye, but not a tiny box al la Aygo, Up!, Ka etc.

Budget is approx £8000.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

I presume you're looking for a petrol and not diesel? I bought my Mrs a VW Polo a few years back and she loves it, the car is rock solid, totally reliable and is even great on the motorway, they hold their prices well compared to other makes. Seat and Skoda are well worth looking at too.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201808089267345?fuel-type=Petrol&model=POLO&price-to=8500&maximum-mileage=35000&postco

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201808189634990?maximum-mileage=30000&postcode=wa34lq&advertising-location=at_cars&price-t

Edited by Blondi

First week back on the trains this week, Mrs back to work and having the car as of next week.

Fucking wank. Timetables have changed meaning I have to change and twice the connections have been cancelled.

Need a mega cheap way of running a small car for the Mrs with no NCD.

I work at a large car supermarket type of place and yes most of our stock is from auctions. Also part ex’s and ex rentals and mobility cars. You will get cheaper deals from the auctions but when we get them we give them a full mechanical check. Fix any issues and do any bodywork needed on the car. With these prep costs and obviously a bit of profit on top you are generally getting a better condition and well serviced car for the extra money at a dealer.

Few years ago I bought a Ford Focus from a car supermarket type place. Ran like a dream for the couple of years that I had it. Agree with maje - I'd rather pay that bit extra for the guarantees that they provided

Had to replace a couple of parts but being Ford they were pretty cheap

When I moved back to a company car got a decent price from webuyanycar as a second hand Ford doesn't depreciate too bady