Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays

embankment

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Your insurers will look at social media and void your insurance if you've advertised your holidays and then got robbed

Which may be deemed fair enough though you'd then have to wonder which one of your "mates" either burgled you or tipped off the local scrotes, presumably for a cut

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Which may be deemed fair enough though you'd then have to wonder which one of your "mates" either burgled you or tipped off the local scrotes, presumably for a cut

If you think only your friends see your posts then you have a problem.

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, MickyD said:

It does. Thing is, if your insurers see you posted something about going away, then I'd say your privacy settings are poor.

Correct but easily done I am sure. Btw, this came up on the radio a bit back and the researchers couldn't find any case where insurance didn't pay out. Not saying it won't happen at some point though.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, MickyD said:

If you think only your friends see your posts then you have a problem.

It would still suggest they think it's someone who knows you well enough to know where you live

It's bollocks and insurance companies just looking for a way out of paying

Barbados is one friendly place, only been offered Chan once, and no because I’m with family and both my sisters would suss me out straight away.   St Lawrence Gap is great, best place I’ve been.   The Swimming Pool Man said to me earlier “You sunbathing later?” I said “yes,” He said “You need to use what I use, boot polish”.  Definitely coming back here next year, save as houses, not seen a policeman and everything is safe around the pool.   Anyhow, time for a Bankses.   Couldn’t get the Wanderers game on, the WiFi is wank.

Cruise to the Far East next year for Mrs Manc’s 50th. Apologies to Traf here, I investigated options with him after she asked me to and then she went and booked it herself without telling me!!

Anyway, Looking at a long weekend in Graslei and Korenlei (Ghent) in May/June. Best options for travel from Manc? Plane or train? Advice I’ve had so far is worse than Brexit. Appears that I’m a thick cunt if I favour one over the other depending on who I ask 

Traf - if you have/know of a decent package PM me mate

2 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Cruise to the Far East next year for Mrs Manc’s 50th. Apologies to Traf here, I investigated options with him after she asked me to and then she went and booked it herself without telling me!!

Anyway, Looking at a long weekend in Graslei and Korenlei (Ghent) in May/June. Best options for travel from Manc? Plane or train? Advice I’ve had so far is worse than Brexit. Appears that I’m a thick cunt if I favour one over the other depending on who I ask 

Ryanair to Charleroi used to be the best option. And then bus to Brussels. And train to Ghent/Bruges. Done this twice and easily manageable.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Flight to Brussels and 40 minutes train journey.

I went two years ago for the Xmas markets.

Great bars and calm vibe.

I got snowed in and missed my step mum’s funeral. 🙄

8 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

No holidays booked but imagine lots of places in Oz. Moving to Melbourne at Christmas.

Already accepting bookings for Boxing Day 2021. 

I'm doing Xmas 2021 in Oz, I think.

My daughter, her husband and my grandson emigrate next Spring. Lads' birthday is Xmas Day, so we'll probably go for that.

• Members
8 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

No holidays booked but imagine lots of places in Oz. Moving to Melbourne at Christmas.

Permanently R? Might catch up for a beer or two one day in the Rising Sun in Richmond or at the Crown.

17 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Barbados is one friendly place, only been offered Chan once, and no because I’m with family and both my sisters would suss me out straight away.   St Lawrence Gap is great, best place I’ve been.   The Swimming Pool Man said to me earlier “You sunbathing later?” I said “yes,” He said “You need to use what I use, boot polish”.  Definitely coming back here next year, save as houses, not seen a policeman and everything is safe around the pool.   Anyhow, time for a Bankses.   Couldn’t get the Wanderers game on, the WiFi is wank.

Fuck me I get offered it everyday when I'm there, you must look sensible, first person I spoke to in Barbados was a street trader selling shitty pendants, he said 'Hi my name's Oliver, I'm a great feeling man, it's like a lucky lucky man but the stuff I sell makes you feel great' You've obviously not made it to Oistens Fish Fry yet, I got offered chan every 10 minutes when I was there. Anyhow, have a good time

1 hour ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

Fuck me I get offered it everyday when I'm there, you must look sensible, first person I spoke to in Barbados was a street trader selling shitty pendants, he said 'Hi my name's Oliver, I'm a great feeling man, it's like a lucky lucky man but the stuff I sell makes you feel great' You've obviously not made it to Oistens Fish Fry yet, I got offered chan every 10 minutes when I was there. Anyhow, have a good time

Oistens is on Fridays apparently, heard it’s quite good, we didn’t land at the hotel till 5pm and was fucked.   I’m gonna give it a whirl Friday.   Did you go watching Hugh Cornwell at The Met, Bury? 

2 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Oistens is on Fridays apparently, heard it’s quite good, we didn’t land at the hotel till 5pm and was fucked.   I’m gonna give it a whirl Friday.   Did you go watching Hugh Cornwell at The Met, Bury? 

Yeah it's Fridays, it's a good night out. Missed Cornwell, went watching Sham 69 on sunday though, they played the Alma in town. And have a flying fish sandwich from one of the huts on the Gap beach, they are ace.

Edited by Widnes Two Hats

4 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Oistins is really just a tourist place now 

15 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Possibly coming for the full tour