Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays

embankment

2 minutes ago, worthy10 said:

I have been quiet for a while.

I know :D

try the Robinson restaurant on the island.....world famous.

Lovely cafe too on the main square which the Queen visited, plus a gypsy restaurant which featured in Michael Palin’s “New Europe”

Decent place but watch for the pickpockets.

12 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I know :D

try the Robinson restaurant on the island.....world famous.

Lovely cafe too on the main square which the Queen visited, plus a gypsy restaurant which featured in Michael Palin’s “New Europe”

Decent place but watch for the pickpockets.

Spot on. Thanks!

14 hours ago, worthy10 said:

Bangkok, phuket and phi phi recommends for November please?

Bangkok - depends what you want to do at nightime really? To do all the temples and river tour etc the sky train (BTS) gets you around in air conditioned comfort in no time. Taxis are cheap but in central Bangkok is a joke.

Also depends on the budget  i stay in a lovely hotel just off sukhumvit road  costs me about £50 a night  

phuket - unless you are going for a party then avoid pattong  i stayed in kata when I was there last  lovely place plenty of places to eat although much more low key than pattong  

• 1 month later...
On 23 March 2019 at 23:39, royal white said:

Just booked Belek for May. First time there. Has anyone been before? Any dos and donts from anyone? 

Take your golf clubs. And factor 500000. Beach is shit. 

Fuck all there apart from snide clothes shops.

Hotels are all like palaces.

Off to Paris and Euro Disney on the 25th May with the little ones, though it'd be the last chance before the eldest gets a bit too teenage and cool for it.

Or maybe we'll be spending it at Manston airport, god knows.

Other than that - Anglesy in August and a week in the mighty Bolton over Easter.

Any top tips for this North West England delights much welcome. I've heard its quite the tourist draw.

4 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Off to Paris and Euro Disney on the 25th May with the little ones, though it'd be the last chance before the eldest gets a bit too teenage and cool for it.

Other than that - Anglesy in August and a week in the mighty Bolton over Easter.

Any top tips for this North West England delights much welcome. I've heard its quite the tourist draw.

Has someone hacked your account Mr Oh So Fucking Perdantick :D

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:48, Not in Crawley said:

Jodrell Bank - nothing down south compares.