Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays

embankment

This years jollys sorted.

July - Tenerife . 11nights.

September -Carihuela 7 nights.

Some cracking deals out there . 

Tenerife , flights ,hotel , HB. £138 cheaper than last year.

Spain £253 less than 2 years ago. And that was flights n room only.

Got another HB deal.

Will still eat eat out a few times.

Bolty - are you visiting the Costa's this year ?

Edited by embankment

• Moderators
3 hours ago, worthy10 said:

Just back from south africa. Cape town, durban and joberg. Fantastic trip, great food and drink, so cheap. Lovely people. Will defo go back

Did you take advice from anyone on here and if so, was it useful?

• Site Supporter

Traf sorted us right out again!!

Theres now 6 of us so holidays get expensive as 6 seats on a plane during the summer holidays alone is eye watering.

We told him what we wanted and hes got us 2 weeks in the summer holidays, all inclusive at a 5* resort in Turkey (we've even got an extra apartment if we fall out because going through as 2 single parents was cheaper than 1 big family) for around £650.00pp.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Traf sorted us right out again!!

Theres now 6 of us so holidays get expensive as 6 seats on a plane during the summer holidays alone is eye watering.

We told him what we wanted and hes got us 2 weeks in the summer holidays, all inclusive at a 5* resort in Turkey (we've even got an extra apartment if we fall out because going through as 2 single parents was cheaper than 1 big family) for around £650.00pp.

Buy or borrow a wireless baby listener and have all the kids (Less youngest, obv) in their own room.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Buy or borrow a wireless baby listener and have all the kids (Less youngest, obv) in their own room.

I've invited the MIL.  As we had the room anyway all it added was pretty much an extra flight.

She can babysit

• Members

In Madrid with work. Contacted them a few weeks ago when the CL draw came out to try and get tickets for the game tonight. Incredibly hospitable people. Hospitality for the game, Went to the training session this morning had a tour of the stadium, met some former ex pros, and even the greatest player of all time in my opinion Zidane even though he just said hello. 
all very welcoming and friendly and are really looking forward to the CL game in a few weeks times. 
Stadium is incredible and just thinking of the players who have been here made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. 
Saw the plans for the refurb of the Bernabeu and it’s going to be something else. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

In Madrid with work. Contacted them a few weeks ago when the CL draw came out to try and get tickets for the game tonight. Incredibly hospitable people. Hospitality for the game, Went to the training session this morning had a tour of the stadium, met some former ex pros, and even the greatest player of all time in my opinion Zidane even though he just said hello. 
all very welcoming and friendly and are really looking forward to the CL game in a few weeks times. 
Stadium is incredible and just thinking of the players who have been here made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. 
Saw the plans for the refurb of the Bernabeu and it’s going to be something else. 

Your line of work has got me a little green with envy over the last couple of days, same with Gumbo. Getting paid for something you’re really interested in anyway.

im sure it has its mundane tasks like the majority of jobs but even so, the enjoyable aspects must far outweigh it

• Members
9 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Your line of work has got me a little green with envy over the last couple of days, same with Gumbo. Getting paid for something you’re really interested in anyway.

im sure it has its mundane tasks like the majority of jobs but even so, the enjoyable aspects must far outweigh it

Yeah I won’t lie it’s great, It’s got it’s downsides there’s a lot of travelling and I get paid a salary so I work long hours but don’t get paid for the extra and it took me years to get here, a lot of days of putting out cones balls and bibs in the pissing down rain. But it’s worth it plus these employers are happy to pay for extra studying they have paid for me to do my doctorate with no future debt. 
But I do love it, the good days outweigh the bad 10-1 and I miss my family when I’m away 3/4 days of the week. But days like the past few make up for it.

• Site Supporter
On 11/02/2020 at 14:40, Elson said:

Budapest 6 days end of July, 3 days covered doing the GP so anyone that has been to Hungaroring any advice welcome.

Looking at the other 3 I won't scratch the surface as got loads on the list to cover.

Just got back, what a wonderful place. Absolutely loved it, 

Link bridge over to the Castle,  Matthias Church and  Fisherman’s Bastian, Shoes on the Danube, & the Parliament Building. That’s a decent day. Also St Stephens Basilica

Night was ace:

drinks: there were loads, these two are in Jewish Quarter

Szimpla Kert but I’d recommend go early, they queue found the block later in the evening,

Kisuzeum excellent. 

there are plenty ruin bars and drinking holes, walk round you stumble on loads. 

rooftop bars if you like that kind of thing 

Highnote which is down near the Danube and Parliament building 

360 Bar which is over the opposite end of town 

Food:

not very Hungarian but a tapas place called Vicky Barcelona was good, there lots of food places to choose from.

if you want a kebab there are shops everywhere and it’s about 2 quid. 

eat a chimney cake.

other stuff:

we did the Szechenyi Thermal Baths which was ok for the experience, take flip flops and a towel to save messing about. 

everywhere is pretty walkable but if you need a taxi we used the app BOLT  which is like Uber

I loved it.

Edited by superjohnmcginlay

3 minutes ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Just got back, what a wonderful place. Absolutely loved it, 

Link bridge over to the Castle,  Matthias Church and  Fisherman’s Bastian, Shoes on the Danube, & the Parliament Building. That’s a decent day. Also St Stephens Basilica

Night was ace:

drinks: there were loads, these two are in Jewish Quarter

Szimpla Kert but I’d recommend go early, they queue found the block later in the evening,

Kisuzeum excellent. 

there are plenty ruin bars and drinking holes, walk round you stumble on loads. 

rooftop bars if you like that kind of thing 

Highnote which is down near the Danube and Parliament building 

360 Bar which is over the opposite end of town 

Food:

not very Hungarian but a tapas place called Vicky Barcelona was good, there lots of food places to choose from.

if you want a kebab there are shops everywhere and it’s about 2 quid. 

eat a chimney cake.

other stuff:

we did the Szechenyi Thermal Baths which was ok for the experience, take flip flops and a towel to save messing about. 

everywhere is pretty walkable but if you need a taxi we used the app BOLT  which is like Uber

I loved it.

heard it gets naughty in those baths, any truth in it?

Edited by L/H White

• 2 weeks later...