Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays

embankment

• Members
1 minute ago, Spider said:

Did you survive the storm?

Mate in Perth said it knocked over 3 patio chairs

Have to be honest old pal - a few trees went over and some lost fences. Well away from us though. Fuck all around our way I am happy to report.

Still overblown (excuse the pun) to fuck as they do with everything these days. Seen a lot, lot worse. This was relatively mild.

Flights to Spain from July 1st. Spain won’t insist on visitors going through quarantine. 
Just need UK to quash their ridiculous quarantine ruling and it’s good-to-go!

No idea if all hotels, bars & restaurants will be open in Spanish resorts. But presuming so. 

Edited by Smiley

Just now, L/H White said:

other than mounts who has his own gaff, you're all fucking potty still going away if possible this year 

it'll be like spending a week in that hanger in marseille 

Depends where you're going and what's open when you get there.

As I intimated earlier in the thread, I'm going on my trip if its allowed.

Just now, Traf said:

Depends where you're going and what's open when you get there.

As I intimated earlier in the thread, I'm going on my trip if its allowed.

you're the most unsociable person i know though, you'll have a good time on the moon on your own :D

Just now, L/H White said:

you're the most unsociable person i know though, you'll have a good time on the moon on your own :D

Harsh, but fair and funny.

We're doing a 5-star all inclusive job, proper restaurants etc, no peasant buffet.

Sun, sea, food & drink. The only negative about it is that it might now be a bit too chilled out. We were expecting needing the rest, but as neither of us have worked for 2 months, we'd probably prefer something less sedate now.

12 minutes ago, L/H White said:

although in fairness, I'll be out meeting at leat 3 separate people tomorrow! 

4 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

If Manc Airport can convince me that it won’t be a living hell getting through security and on a plane

You're asking the impossible. It was fucking dogshit pre-COVID. 

I do everything I can to avoid flying from Manchester, but I'll get in touch re: Punta Cana.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

You're asking the impossible. It was fucking dogshit pre-COVID. 

I do everything I can to avoid flying from Manchester, but I'll get in touch re: Punta Cana.

Manchester has always been a pain, but the last few times we have flown out from there in typically busy times it has been a breeze through bag drop and security.

Still wouldn't like to experience the first few weeks of reopening though.

4 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Gonna give Europe a swerve this year

If Manc Airport can convince me that it won’t be a living hell getting through security and on a plane I’ll maybe try somewhere like Dom Rep in Oct/Nov

@Traf hint!!! Punta Cana. You have my details 

I’d not be going to any 3rd world shithole while this virus is knocking about myself. 

On 25/05/2020 at 08:46, bolty58 said:

Me too. Fucking ace. Take what I want from the EU without having to kowtow to them or contribute other than in spend related taxes. Beltin'

Did you kowtow to them before we left?

8 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d not be going to any 3rd world shithole while this virus is knocking about myself. 

I must admit, I'd be wary of travelling to some of the poorer nations until we at least have a vaccine

• Members
8 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not sure why you’d pick Liverpool as a holiday destination anyways

9 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Instead, you have booked to go to the place with the 5th highest number of deaths in the world.

Aye, but it’s under control in Spain and  healthcare there is excellent, lots of these poorer countries won’t have it under control even though they will say they do and don’t have the health system to look after folk who contract it. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

9 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

With respect Mounts I wouldn’t say the Dominican Republic is a third world shithole. Granted it’s not a rich or advanced country but you’re a tad unfair imo

Also, like I say I won’t be looking at going anywhere until the back end of the year when hopefully it’s under control 

• Site Supporter

Why don’t they just stop the over 60’s from travelling?

Theyre at the highest risk and just clog the fucking airport up anyway whilst they pat their pockets looking for their passports and complain about the price of everything.

And will Spain treat any non-EU citizens if they catch the virus anymore?

Edited by Spider

17 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

With respect Mounts I wouldn’t say the Dominican Republic is a third world shithole. Granted it’s not a rich or advanced country but you’re a tad unfair imo

Also, like I say I won’t be looking at going anywhere until the back end of the year when hopefully it’s under control 

I’ll take your word for it as I’ve never been but heard from folk who have and it’s not for me. Obviously you’ll only be able to go if it’s safe. Anyhow hope you can get there and have a great time.