Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays

embankment

• Site Supporter

If the phrase “bring your own bog” doesn’t send a shudder down your spine, there’s something wrong.

Paying to shit in a bucket. Jesus. Sounds nearly as bad as going on a cruise.

Crieff and Peebles are in lovely areas and offer choice. Good to explore other areas as well.

Stirling, Perth and Inverness for a bit busier but still stuff to explore. 

Portpatrick way off the usual places and it’s gorgeous. 

Lots to do and places to go in Scotland. Some really great places. 

Had money back from Jet2, whilst Vueling say they are refunding me - but could be 8 weeks. Waiting on Tui for some ££££s also. They are proving to be mighty difficult to get a reply out of, never mind our money back. Left my other money with Eurocamp - it can sit with them until next year as we'll definitely do a jolly with them.

Wales finally opening up in the next couple off weeks - so we'll be heading over there for our "main" jolly this year. 

Waiting to hear if the wife will lose her job or not at the airport. Not looking too favourable. It means committing to any substantial holiday is on the backburner.

Next-door-neighbour being made redundant. Scary times.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Morizio said:

Crieff and Peebles are in lovely areas and offer choice. Good to explore other areas as well.

Spent a few holidays based in port Patrick as a kid. Not been back in ages though.

Also port William.

Seems that port Logan is still going- might pop along again and have a look.

1 hour ago, Morizio said:

Lovely hotel in peebles I stayed at for a weekend. Wonderful place to get away for a quiet weekend and I mean quiet. Lovely bar in hotel and food is top notch. Well worth a visit post this has just reminded me about it. 

https://www.cringletie.com

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Spent a few holidays based in port Patrick as a kid. Not been back in ages though.

Also port William.

Seems that port Logan is still going- might pop along again and have a look.

Bit of a hidden gem is Dumfriesshire and Galloway. An area where folk just drive through to go north or south. 

Kippford and Rocklffe are nice, if you like exploring that area. 

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Lovely hotel in peebles I stayed at for a weekend. Wonderful place to get away for a quiet weekend and I mean quiet. Lovely bar in hotel and food is top notch. Well worth a visit post this has just reminded me about it. 

https://www.cringletie.com

Very friendly rugby club as well 🍻

I like the Crown Hotel for eating.

The playing area across the river from Victoria Park is great for watching all manner of sports. 

Lovely part of the world. 

• Site Supporter

Jet2 cancelled us today.

I had no idea.  Traf rang me and offered the option of a full immediate refund or could he find us something else.

4 hours later with absolutely no effort on my behalf and I'm going to Rhodes.

He's fucking ace Traf

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Bit of a hidden gem is Dumfriesshire and Galloway. An area where folk just drive through to go north or south. 

Kippford and Rocklffe are nice, if you like exploring that area. 

Strangely, been to D&G more than any other part of Scotland.

Stayed at loch ken (campsite) one year and a storm went through, a number of tents went rolling.

Looking forward to the dark skies this time.

8 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Very friendly rugby club as well 🍻

I like the Crown Hotel for eating.

The playing area across the river from Victoria Park is great for watching all manner of sports. 

Lovely part of the world. 

Yes I’ve played against peebles for Preston lodge a couple of times. Also a friendly for Haddington. Some great clubs down in the borders. Boys know how to drink!

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Winger?

You’re kidding eh! Pace of Paul comstive me pal. 

played at centre for Preston lodge and hooker for Haddington. Hooker more my liking. Finished up my short rugby union career by getting twatted off a young prop on the 4g at side of murrayfield. Retired gracefully then 

I was a handy loose forward in rugby league for a number of years. Played to a decent level. Union was more for the social and a Swansong 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You’re kidding eh! Pace of Paul comstive me pal. 

played at centre for Preston lodge and hooker for Haddington. Hooker more my liking. Finished up my short rugby union career by getting twatted off a young prop on the 4g at side of murrayfield. Retired gracefully then 

I was a handy loose forward in rugby league for a number of years. Played to a decent level. Union was more for the social and a Swansong 

Not sure what the emoji is for tongue in cheek. :)

Not a game I've played, though I admire it.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure what the emoji is for tongue in cheek. :)

Not a game I've played, though I admire it.

League is the game of champions. Sorts out the men from the boys. Took a couple of good twattings playing that as well. And gave a few as well. Back when it was considered part of the game!!

Fuck I was looking forward to a quiet summer up here in Jockland but looking at this thread it looks like there's an English invasion on its way. 😆

I'll be driving upto the Highlands next week. Brother's in Inverness & my folks have a place up near Dornoch. Dad retired from teaching the wee toffs at Bolton School & ran away to the Highlands years back. 

Plan is for a nights camping at Sandwood Bay & to get out west when the weather's good.

Esco's covered most the bases on here but highly recommend the River Findhorn for a days walking & a dip. Beautiful up there. 

Always worth getting the missus to check for ticks of an evening😉 They're on the rise of late.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, barryk32 said:

Jet2 cancelled us today.

I had no idea.  Traf rang me and offered the option of a full immediate refund or could he find us something else.

4 hours later with absolutely no effort on my behalf and I'm going to Rhodes.

He's fucking ace Traf

See that's the fucking way to do it, Traf is the man for me from now on even though it might be a little while before we are looking to book again.