Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays

embankment

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Traf said:

Hmmmm, indeed.

The story, for those not in the loop, was that I sorted Matt out with a deal that we both thought was decent, so Matt kindly recommended me to someone he knew.

This person wanted a week's all inclusive, only flying on one certain date in August, for £3-400 including luggage & transfers.

Didn’t even know Matt knew my wife! 

Where are we going? Er, she has booked me in as well, hasn’t she?

16 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Understand Cyprus gets good weather year round

Cyprus made an announcement re Brits today - allowed in from 1 August if the Uk's coronovirus outbreak remains on a downward trend.

Brits make up a third of their tourists, the Germans can holiday there now

19 hours ago, Traf said:

I was due to go to Dubai & Ras Al Khaimah on August 13th, but we've pulled the plug on it today and bumped it back 12 months. It's all paid for, so it's a "free" holiday next summer.

Probably grab a cheeky week or two in the Canaries/Greece during the school hols instead.

Good way of looking at it.

We're still due to go to our place in Spain on the 13th August. In-laws went earlier today, reported the airport as being really quiet with hardly any shops open. Temperature taken on arrival at Ringway but not at the other end in Murcia.

19 hours ago, Traf said:

I was due to go to Dubai & Ras Al Khaimah on August 13th, but we've pulled the plug on it today and bumped it back 12 months. It's all paid for, so it's a "free" holiday next summer.

Probably grab a cheeky week or two in the Canaries/Greece during the school hols instead.

You will melt in August

I’m hoping for a week or two in the Dom Rep or similar in Oct/Nov

What’s concerning me is stuff like no hand baggage, no trolley service, no queues for the toilets on planes that I’m seeing being touted around

I can handle that on a short hop to Malaga but a longer haul not a chance. I’ll wait a while and see how it pans out

• Site Supporter

Sister just landed in Mallorca from manchester

Airport a ghost town

plane completely full. No ale, no food, everyone took their masks off after take off because Covid can’t survive above 10,000ft

no temp checks.

We’re going back to normal but not for long if there’s a thousand flights over Europe every day like this

Another swathe of Jet2 cancellation today.

Fucking love my job, having to contact people daily "You know that holiday I got you last week? It's off, sorry and the prices to go elsewhere have rocketed. What else can you get for that money you paid me? Hmmmm, how about 2 weeks self catering in Aleppo or Leigh?" 

Aleppo has been quite popular.

8 hours ago, marple whites said:

Meant to be going to Portugal early august, so after today’s announcements - going or not ? 
no idea

I would think they’ll be air bridge to Portugal by then but if you’ve gone package deal they might pull the plug because of the uncertainty, wouldn’t be cancelling anything yourself. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Paid £110 return for flights to Alicante last weekend. Departing July 25th - good flight times too.

Same flights one week later are £290. 

£60 per room for a 4* hotel B & B with ebookers app code - always cheaper than B.com.

The girls don’t fancy it neither so result, just me and my lad.

Not a destination I would choose but SEA is out and wanted a week somewhere.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Traf said:

Or I sift through messages like...

Hi I’m looking for something 5 star not to bothered where anytime from the 10th August but need to be back before the 24th £750 max

I bet I know who that is.

12 hours ago, captainmed said:

Paid £110 return for flights to Alicante last weekend. Departing July 25th - good flight times too.

Same flights one week later are £290. 

£60 per room for a 4* hotel B & B with ebookers app code - always cheaper than B.com.

The girls don’t fancy it neither so result, just me and my lad.

Not a destination I would choose but SEA is out and wanted a week somewhere.

Being cheaper than b.com is no claim to fame. Every cunt is cheaper than them.

We decided to stay local this year, down in deal, sandwich or folkestone, hour journey at most we've got a really nice tent with electric, inflatable beams etc so it's not an issue if the weather isn't, top notch but its still warmer than elsewhere and less wet than Devon and Cornwall and a quick hop over the France for a couple of days if the weather is OK.

Been a bugger to find a site - all using the campsites for statics first and not many sites investing in separate toilet blocks needed for distancing. Got one today finally, not first choice but just getting away for a bit would be great.

37 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Done more or less the same, but at the other end of the country, the Lake District. Love camping, the open air countryside and walking, hopefully weather will be fine by the end of July. 

Campsite did say bring your own toilet facility, by that i would assume they mean a bucket, just to reduce the frequency of toilet visits.

Enjoy 👍

Love the lakes, would love to be closer but I've learnt to enjoy what we have on our doorstep, not as lovely countryside but some great beaches and the weather helps.

We love it as once you've done the outlay on the kit (which is much cheaper than folk think for fairly decent stuff - although the tent was pricey) 

Have a blast yourself - nothing like a bit of fresh air and no hassle, beats hotels for me. 

41 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Done more or less the same, but at the other end of the country, the Lake District. Love camping, the open air countryside and walking, hopefully weather will be fine by the end of July. 

Campsite did say bring your own toilet facility, by that i would assume they mean a bucket, just to reduce the frequency of toilet visits.

Enjoy 👍

https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/toileting-aids/urinals-and-bed-pans/male-urinal-bottle-view-large?adgroup=Urinals %26 Bed Pans > under10&device=c&query=urinal bottle&msclkid=77f714f9cd5b1b69ede54bfd5fc66abf&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Moo - SH2 - Toileting Aids - Ranked&utm_term=4583726548815967&utm_content=Urinals %26 Bed Pans > under10

I got given one of these for a birthday present few years ago when we used to go camping regularly. Absolute god send in the middle of the night!!

41 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Enjoy 👍

We picked up a cheap in loo which the kids use in the night if they need it, empty every couple of days, keep at back of the tent. Only rule - no dumps.