Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays

embankment

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

booked a christmas markets cruise , mid december, P & O, Iona instead of next weeks pearl wedding aniverary holiday

That honestly sounds horrific 

4 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Bastard. BA are retiring all their jumbos. Had our return flight from NYC in December specifically booked on one as I have always wanted to fly on a 747. Ah well.

Fine old bird the 747, the last time I flew on a BA 747 the interior was very dated and that was business class, very inferior to Emirates and Qatar, so to be honest you won't be missing much. Still a great plane thou.

1 minute ago, buckhurstwhite said:

Fine old bird the 747, the last time I flew on a BA 747 the interior was very dated and that was business class, very inferior to Emirates and Qatar, so to be honest you won't be missing much. Still a great plane thou.

I used to love the 747 but The A380 is much better and business class is something different 

• Site Supporter
On 10/07/2020 at 13:27, Traf said:

For the record, I've never had any business dealings with captainmed. I hardly know the bloke and he certainly doesn't know me or my business.

It's not the best review I've had, but you can't win them all.

On 10/07/2020 at 13:29, jules_darby said:

Well here’s a review if someone you have done biz with...

Traftours did such a good job with Florida for us, I’m booking 2 more with him at the moment - one abroad and one U.K.*

* no ladyboys though 

Here’s another. I cocked up one year and ended up forgetting to book my favourite place in Crete. By the time we decided we were going, it was too late, sold out!

Traf Tours sorted it for us with the dates and flight times we wanted. Nothing but high praise from us.

• Site Supporter

I just wanted to climb aboard one ever since I was a kid. I never thought I would but with this trip we specifically chose a flight with a 747 knowing it was going to retire soon.  It's not exactly the end of the world, talk about 1st world problems - especially considering this year!

41 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Loved the 747, went to Manchester a few weeks ago to watch one of the last virgin jumbos leave to go to the scrapyard in the sky.

be a real shame when they have all gone

Aye very sad, 360 tonnes of flying machine, still amazes me how they fly.