Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays

embankment

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

At one point we were on top of a mountain on a single track road with winds gusting like I’ve never experienced. 

I ended up in a similar situation once in the lakes, in a shitty fiesta

Got nervous going "uphill" because my car sounded fucked and if i broke down there i was fucked

Was looking for some random lake to wild swim in, didn't see another car for about 2 hours

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Got nervous going "uphill" because my car sounded fucked and if i broke down there i was fucked

Was looking for some random lake to wild swim in, didn't see another car for about 2 hours

Was in a similar situation in a Citroën ax. Up the wrynose/hardknott. Sheep walked out in front and had to stop. Pulled the handbrake on but the car started rolling backwards. Not a pleasant feeling.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

Thinly Veiled “I went skinny dipping in Crompton Lodges” post

• Members
19 hours ago, Traf said:

12 of us supposedly going to Normandy 2nd to 5th October.
That's now off the cards and they're not wanting to book somewhere else. Soft cunts, they've all got time off from work/wives etc, but seem to have contracted the "fear"

So, I'm looking at Krakow, Warsaw or Munich on my own right now.

Can I come?

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Grass Mounts up to her

No idea what that means.

If I had to, I’d self isolate.

I also wear a seat belt, I don’t use a mobile phone whilst driving, I don’t park in disabled parking places, I don’t drink and drive, I pay my tv licence, etc. etc.

Of course I could avoid all those and probably get away with it but we all know that the rules are there for a reason, to reasonable people.

21 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

No idea what that means.

If I had to, I’d self isolate.

I also wear a seat belt, I don’t use a mobile phone whilst driving, I don’t park in disabled parking places, I don’t drink and drive, I pay my tv licence, etc. etc.

Of course I could avoid all those and probably get away with it but we all know that the rules are there for a reason, to reasonable people.

Which laws, if any, do you break?

53 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Phew, that was close

Really surprised it didn't happen. They're now going against their own guidelines.

Maybe it's because the bulk of the cases are confined to one area. But in that case, get the Balearics & Canaries open to us.

23 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Regarding about police checks mentioned yesterday..

seen this morning that GMP mainly came out to do checks as public health England couldn’t get hold of people in quarantine after a number of attempts

Just answer your phone to PHE you be reet 

The problem with that is that people see a number that's either withheld or they don't recognise it therefore they ignore it

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, embankment said:

Email from Jet 2.

Carihuela cancelled .22nd Sept.

Going to move it 12 months on. Easiest way.

Did the same with Tenerife in July. Cost me £100 more . 

Mentioned it further back, but Jet2 have all but written this year off

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Regarding about police checks mentioned yesterday..

seen this morning that GMP mainly came out to do checks as public health England couldn’t get hold of people in quarantine after a number of attempts

Just answer your phone to PHE you be reet 

When they rang us it was on the landline even though we had given the mobiles as the main number, like you say just answer thr phone and avoid a knock at the door and maybe a fine. They don't have enough manpower to keep doing checks so we were expecting a phone call at some point.