Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays

embankment

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Any recommendations for a town/city break in the UK but not Liverpool, Manchester, Edinburgh, York, Chester. Two/three days with just the wife, leave car at hotel, mooch about seeing sights, summat to eat, couple of beers here and there type of affair ?

Is there a reason you haven't listed that there London?

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I meant to put it on the "no" list, not because I've been and stayed over for a couple of days before just because I've never wanted to. Maybe I should reconsider ?

I would, a trip to the big smoke is great. No way could I live there but always enjoy visiting.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Any recommendations for a town/city break in the UK but not Liverpool, Manchester, Edinburgh, York, Chester. Two/three days with just the wife, leave car at hotel, mooch about seeing sights, summat to eat, couple of beers here and there type of affair ?

Bristol or Cardiff

Edited by Biggish Dave

5 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Stratford/Warwick. Pretty decent. And still worth taking the car out for a spin around the Cotswolds. 

Oxford pretty. Plenty of pubs, restaurants, sightseeing. 

Bath. Another decent place with enough to see and do. 

10 hours ago, Smiley said:

Stratford/Warwick. Pretty decent. And still worth taking the car out for a spin around the Cotswolds. 

Oxford pretty. Plenty of pubs, restaurants, sightseeing. 

Bath. Another decent place with enough to see and do. 

I initially read that as Stretford and thought ‘Roger likes this’. Far too early for this shit. 

Would echo Bristol btw. 

18 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Peterborough 

Edited by freds dad

On 13/12/2019 at 14:11, ErnestTurnip said:

Had good weekends this last year in both Norwich and Portsmouth.  Combined it with watching us but both nice cities with plenty to see and do.

1 minute ago, jayjayoghani said:

For a 2/3 days? That's a bit of a drive!

Did think of suggesting Loch Lomond, 3hrs (ish) 

That was my compromise position!

Actually; Ullapool/Lochinver; my favorite part of the world.

• Site Supporter

We went up to Oban for a weekend camping when I was about 17 with my older brothers. Nice place but the locals weren't exactly friendly in town.

If you want seriously amazing history get yourself up to Orkney for a day or two, shits all over Stone Henge. Many miss it out as it is a big trek but if you are doing a tour above Inverness then I highly recommend going.

Kirkwall is a cracking night out on a weekend too, they all get on the piss on their days off and there are loads of pubs

3 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Fantastic up there agreed, my favourite place is Skye

5 hrs for me to get there max go up once every few months. Wonderful place. All the outer Hebrides islands are unreal. Uist is fantastic. 

for anyone wanting to holiday in UK would honestly say get up there for a couple of weeks and potter about the various islands

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

5 hrs for me to get there max go up once every few months. Wonderful place. All the outer Hebrides islands are unreal. Uist is fantastic. 

for anyone wanting to holiday in UK would honestly say get up there for a couple of weeks and potter about the various islands

Aye did a bit of a tour a few years back, stayed near Lochboisdale, and on Berneray. It's a bit bizarre in a nice way, locals wave at you when you drive past. And absolutely stunning places to see. 

56 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Just booked for Vegas 5 days, then fly to San Fransisco to pick a car up and tour around for 10 days in August then fly back from LA.  Im thinking if LA White is still over there and does he need anything taking over, new wanderers shirt etc? 

LA's not all it's cracked up to be, get down to San Diego then go over the border into Tijuana and get cunted with the LA kids. It's the craziest place I've ever been, absolute mayhem

36 minutes ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

LA's not all it's cracked up to be, get down to San Diego then go over the border into Tijuana and get cunted with the LA kids. It's the craziest place I've ever been, absolute mayhem

We've got 11 days to play with, my brother is a party animal and will love that, I'll put them places forward Widders

11 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Just booked for Vegas 5 days, then fly to San Fransisco to pick a car up and tour around for 10 days in August then fly back from LA.  Im thinking if LA White is still over there and does he need anything taking over, new wanderers shirt etc? 

Is LA White called Steve? If it's the same fella didn't he carry a horn with him to games?