Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays

embankment

9 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Same here don’t think Portugal will be happening 

thinking maybe center parcs or something similar if open 

My holiday to Mexico in 15 days times is still showing as live with holiday company - I'm have a niggling doubt that it'll happen though, especially as BA have already contacted me to let me know my flights there and back have been cancelled, and the hotel I'm supposed to be staying at is closed until 1st July (at the earliest) 😀

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Always expensive, but seems to have risen.

Is anyone booking holidays abroad at the moment, Traf

Your deals looking tempting, but............

4 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I'm guessing Holidays in the UK are going to be at a premium once we get the go ahead from BoJ.

Every coastal camp site/caravan park and hotel will be rammed + prices will soar.

I’ve booked a week in various hotels in the north of Scotland for September if it goes ahead wonderful if not I get my money back. Worth the investment now as the prices will soar like an eagle 

To be fair to TUI they’ve fully refunded me on both holidays we had booked. Didn’t even offer vouchers or owt

Got a June trip to Ghent booked with Traf that I guess won’t go ahead. For operators like him I’d rather he keep the money as a credit for me to use later if that’s possible but can’t see me going anywhere this year 

Mrs Manc had a hotel booked in Benidorm for June for her 50th. They’ve already asked her if they can transfer the booking to 2021 as they can’t see themselves operating properly this summer

34 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Is anyone booking holidays abroad at the moment, Traf

Your deals looking tempting, but............

Honestly?
No.

I think I've made one sale since lockdown : a woman needing to get to Greece for a wedding next year. And I'm just completing a 3nt break in Italy for 2 people for next Easter.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

I know

Its heartbreaking

They'd be mopped up usually I assume?

Between me, you and the good people of WW (and the odd cuntish one, too), they normally disappear instantly, because they're the last few seats/rooms etc.

Now it's a case of "how many would you like?"

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Traf said:

Between me, you and the good people of WW (and the odd cuntish one, too), they normally disappear instantly, because they're the last few seats/rooms etc.

Ah right. Did not know that.

our big 2 family trip to Florida is very much raring to go when we’re able, and you da man.

6 minutes ago, Traf said:

I’m considering a change of missus if that happens i will be looking for a family holiday next year for 4 😁 pal. 

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Traf said:

Honestly?
No.

I think I've made one sale since lockdown : a woman needing to get to Greece for a wedding next year. And I'm just completing a 3nt break in Italy for 2 people for next Easter.

If our holidays go tits up this year, the Lapland one you had a day or 2 back is looking very tempting if travel is possible by then

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

If it’s the uk this year 

where do you go that keeps the peasants out? 

I like Dorset on the Devon border. Look at Lyme Regis, West Bay, Sidmouth area. Enough going on, no plebs

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I'm guessing Holidays in the UK are going to be at a premium once we get the go ahead from BoJ.

Every coastal camp site/caravan park and hotel will be rammed + prices will soar.

We've got 5 booked this year

Two already rescheduled for next year from march and april

Expect June's to be put back too

Then waiting to hear about two long weekends in july and September

Last year I booked a cottage in St David's in Pembrokeshire for the middle of August. I'm actually giving it some serious thought about cancelling it. I'm thinking/hoping things will be getting back to normal then. But I'm also thinking that every man, woman, child, none binary and their dog will be flooding the beautiful places at home because no bugger will be going abroad. I don't mix well with folk and I like my solitude.

Edited by Underpants