Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

5 hours ago, Traf said:

We’re in an AI hotel which is as full as it’s allowed to be (80% capacity with 100% staffing levels) . There are some COVID related compromises in the hotel, but nothing insurmountable.

Shops, bars, restaurants etc in Faliraki are open and all very grateful for any custom.

Re: masks in shops, yes you’re supposed to wear them, but half seem to and half don’t.

anyone serving you with anything has a mask on.

Rhodes is generally at 40% of what it would be, which means no crowds, beaches are quieter and all in all, it’s a fantastic place.

if anybody fancies it, or Croatia/Malta/Turkey (which seems to be all that’s feasible right now), give me a shout and I’ll fix you up.

What do you know about the situation in Slovenia? We have flights there in Sept but I've not booked anything else. We were trying it due to being Italy/Croatia fans.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the record, I've never had any business dealings with captainmed. I hardly know the bloke and he certainly doesn't know me or my business. It's not the best review I've had, but you can't win

love Europe hate the EU. 👍

You ok Hun? 

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Absolutely. Problem is it isn’t going to just be the travel industry. I wish I could see some sort of positivity but I’m struggling and I ain’t a pessimist by nature. 

Indeed, the pub industry will also be totally fucked when they close them down again, which they will do within the next couple of weeks I reckon

16 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

As things stand we are still due to go to our place in Spain in a fortnight. Hoping that the situation changes in terms of quarantine

I wouldn't bother, I'd imagine things are about to get worse, just wouldn't take the risk.

17 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

As things stand we are still due to go to our place in Spain in a fortnight. Hoping that the situation changes in terms of quarantine

Can't see it myself, but i hope they do.

14 hours ago, Kane57 said:

Think it’ll be reduced to 10 days, possibly 7 with a test. I’m going Tuesday for 3 weeks, cases outside of Catalonia, Aragón etc are much lower than U.K.  I’m hearing that compliance of masks, social distancing etc is very good in Spain, although you can’t reduce risk to zero I’m not worried and it’s safer being out in the open air than indoors and the Spanish weather means most days I’ll be doing just that. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
On 02/08/2020 at 09:14, Mounts Kipper said:

Think it’ll be reduced to 10 days, possibly 7 with a test. I’m going Tuesday for 3 weeks, cases outside of Catalonia, Aragón etc are much lower than U.K.  I’m hearing that compliance of masks, social distancing etc is very good in Spain, although you can’t reduce risk to zero I’m not worried and it’s safer being out in the open air than indoors and the Spanish weather means most days I’ll be doing just that. 

Yep as things stand we are still going too. Zero cases where we are now and zero where we are going. An acceptable risk, for me.

Just boarded flight to Alicante, airport eerily quiet, flight is about 10% of capacity. On the plus side steward let me sit in seat with extra legroom. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just boarded flight to Alicante, airport eerily quiet, flight is about 10% of capacity. On the plus side steward let me sit in seat with extra legroom. 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Hbwht?

Hey, TMGJ, you have made a massive assumption that it was a female letting Mounts have the legroom seats. I reckon he may have an admirer who maybe whiffs a touch of lavender.

Unless, of course, you were asking How Big Was His Todger?

The hotel I was due to stay at in Ibiza has decided to close its doors for the summer so we changed our holiday to Turkey instead, got some money back and staying at a better hotel........so we thought, found out today that many of the hotels facilities are going to be closed, water park, kids clubs, certain bars etc.

Back on the blower to TUI tomorrow to ask for some money back 

Edited by royal white
  • Site Supporter

I keep being tempted, but just think going abroad this month is potentially bonkers.

Bloke I know just got to a Crete and that whilst it’s quiet - obviously brings its own advantages - the kids are bored shitless as there’s no kids clubs, half the amusements are closed and there’s not many other kids to play with.

Also says the atmosphere at night is pretty dull.

We swapped our Faro flights for Dalaman at the weekend. Turkey wouldn’t normally be my destination of choice but after doing a bit of research plumped for Kalkan.

It’s seems we can have our pick of privately owned gaffs for a song.

• Site Supporter

Flights to Bergerac are £79.

In August.

Its mental, absolutely mental. They’re £400 usually.

But everything is closed or restricted. The night markets in Bordeaux are off, so there’s not much to do.

• Site Supporter

Got a couple of nights in The Lakes booked at the end of August

Also got a couple of free nights booked in Edinburgh courtesy of The Village Hotel gym and may tag a few nights on Arran on to that

Hesitant to think of owt abroad at the moment until I see what way this is all going. May well look at Croatia with @Traf in October if this supposed second spike doesn't cause too much mither

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Flights to Bergerac are £79.

In August.

Its mental, absolutely mental. They’re £400 usually.

But everything is closed or restricted. The night markets in Bordeaux are off, so there’s not much to do.

Take a coat remember. :)

presumably vineyards are open even if just for sales. A justified reason for going. 

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Take a coat remember. :)

presumably vineyards are open even if just for sales. A justified reason for going. 

My contact there says all the markets are actually going on as usual, so the internet tells fibs.

Tempting.

But another week of rises in Covid and it’s quarantine time. That’s the worry

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

My contact there says all the markets are actually going on as usual, so the internet tells fibs.

Tempting.

But another week of rises in Covid and it’s quarantine time. That’s the worry

Not able to work from home for a couple of weeks if necessary?

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not able to work from home for a couple of weeks if necessary?

I am, wife isn’t. And despite everything, we wouldn’t want to fuck her employer around, not really fair for the sake of one holiday.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Of course, fair enough that.

Our pets still need looking after.

Plus, the money saved will cover enough wine to keep me virtually blind until autumn shows up 😁

• Site Supporter
Just now, Spider said:

Plus, the money saved will cover enough wine to keep me virtually blind until autumn shows up 😁

Not spent much relative to a normal holiday this time, even though I've got away.

Will use leftover to fund next year's booking.