Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays

embankment

• Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Took a lower offer due to everything going on lost about 10k now like walkden houses going above asking price 

win some lose some 

Aye.

I heard something on the radio a couple of days ago. Sure it said property prices had increased in tha latest figures. 

3 hours ago, royal white said:

Do you recommend Any up and coming places in Spain that would be good for an investment? House prices in wogden have gone a bit mad of late so thinking about selling and buying one abroad. 

I’d be looking 10-15 miles inland on the Costa Blanca, start looking south of Alicante down to Almeria, unless your wadded and try north of Benidorm or south Costa del sol. If possible I’d keep your UK property take out a 35-40 year Spanish mortgage, you’ll need a lump of deposit but it’ll be low repayments. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, L/H White said:

48 hours one sold for according to that article today 

A mate of mine is an estate agent and he's like a machine.
He regularly sells houses the day they go on the market.

If you're looking to sell or buy, speak to Chris Baron at Bolton Properties

He sold my mum's house recently for 120% of asking price within 2 days.

Housing market is set for a good second half of the year...

1) Pent up spend from HY1 

2) folk sat at home in lockdown deciding they need bigger digs 

3) folk getting out of town as they don’t need to be in the city 5 days a week in future 

4) Rishi and his stamp give away 

5) less houses on the market than usual as more folk sit tight 

Next year should be a bloodbath though, once the furlough ends and the redundancies kick in fully, be plenty of stock flooding the market to outstrip supply 

16 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d be looking 10-15 miles inland on the Costa Blanca, start looking south of Alicante down to Almeria, unless your wadded and try north of Benidorm or south Costa del sol. If possible I’d keep your UK property take out a 35-40 year Spanish mortgage, you’ll need a lump of deposit but it’ll be low repayments. 

Cheers mate 👍

19 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Lower numbers than the UK with a higher population but it’s inevitable to be next on the quarantine list

I've got an engineer in my team over there. Told everyone else hes gone Torquay so I can have him wFH if quarantined as company gone draconian saying have to take leave.

I'm supposed to be Corfu on Friday but Greece just passed the 20 threshold. Less than 7000 cases in total makes it a joke but Boris knows best (allegedly)

1 hour ago, Blondi said:

Croatia is a beautiful country, it's our favourite destination along with Italy, as Dave said Zadar is great especially for a few days, Cavtat, Baska Voda, Porec and Rovinj are all delightful destinations too.

Agreed. Croatia is a fantastic place. But maybe  now isn’t the right time to be booking a holiday there -https://www.devonlive.com/news/uk-world-news/greece-croatia-six-countries-could-4430373.amp

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Been to Split, Rovinj, Porec and Dubrovnik. Superb destinations. Really top notch 

Got a couple of nights booked in Edinburgh next month. Was going to add Arran and Mallaig to make a week of it but Mrs M wanted to save the holidays in case we could get to Croatia in Oct/Nov. Not confident 

6 hours ago, green genie said:

I've got an engineer in my team over there. Told everyone else hes gone Torquay so I can have him wFH if quarantined as company gone draconian saying have to take leave.

I'm supposed to be Corfu on Friday but Greece just passed the 20 threshold. Less than 7000 cases in total makes it a joke but Boris knows best (allegedly)

Boris who? Where the fuck is he (again)