Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Derby

miamiwhite

6 hours ago, Traf said:

Re: the Magennis non-foul on Carson.

You can't touch a keeper these days and Josh was on a yellow. Surely it's either a foul and a second yellow or no foul and the keeper gets booked? Somehow he fudged the issue.

Re: the £30 walk up price, it has to be that way if you've sold 2000 tickets to Derby at that price. Drop it to a tenner and you'll not add that many to the crowd if we're honest, but you would lose £40k in away gate receipts. We've been through this so many times, cheap tickets have little effect.

Totally agree from a financial side it makes no sense reducing prices 

its just a shame that’s all football has become 

7 hours ago, Traf said:

You can't touch a keeper these days and Josh was on a yellow. Surely it's either a foul and a second yellow or no foul and the keeper gets booked? Somehow he fudged the issue.

Re: the £30 walk up price, it has to be that way if you've sold 2000 tickets to Derby at that price. Drop it to a tenner and you'll not add that many to the crowd if we're honest, but you would lose £40k in away gate receipts. We've been through this so many times, cheap tickets have little effect.

Why drop it to a £10 surely £20 is the right price and maybe they’d have brought 2500 and more of ours might have made the effort. Gate receipts similar but 15 plus instead of 14k. 

Of  course the price of tickets effects the size of crowd.Birmingham at home last season 21,000 Birmingham at home this season 13,800 the reason being it was £15 for adults last season and full price this season.I'm not really bothered what the crowd or price is but lets not pretend we'll get the same crowd if we charge £15 or £30

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Why drop it to a £10 surely £20 is the right price and maybe they’d have brought 2500 and more of ours might have made the effort. Gate receipts similar but 15 plus instead of 14k. 

Because dropping gate receipts doesn't produce the rise in attendance to offset reduction in income. That has been the case at Bolton for decades.

Drop prices by a third and you need attendance to rise in similar proportion. But it doesn't. The last regime did quite a bit of research into this, on the quiet. 

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Because dropping gate receipts doesn't produce the rise in attendance to offset reduction in income. That has been the case at Bolton for decades.

Drop prices by a third and you need attendance to rise in similar proportion. But it doesn't. The last regime did quite a bit of research into this, on the quiet. 

You don’t need the attendance to increase by a 1/3rd. Just the attendance without season tickets. 2000 at £30 is same as 3000 at £20. Surely it would be worth a try. 

39 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You don’t need the attendance to increase by a 1/3rd. Just the attendance without season tickets. 2000 at £30 is same as 3000 at £20. Surely it would be worth a try. 

Or if you take brum game last season ( I know it was a big game) we got 6k none season tickets at £15

but then earlier against Brentford £15 made no real difference 

Glad for Noone getting the goal - but other than that, his passing is nothing short of dreadful. Not sure if you can find his individual stats, but he gives it away far too much. Had big hopes for him getting a regular starting place, but lost patience with him now.

3 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Glad for Noone getting the goal - but other than that, his passing is nothing short of dreadful. Not sure if you can find his individual stats, but he gives it away far too much. Had big hopes for him getting a regular starting place, but lost patience with him now.

I agree he also loses the ball too easily in possession I think the only reason he plays is he tracks back. If he could pass better and not fall over after a little nudge he’d be half reasonable. 

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If you drop the prices of the individual game tickets you would have to drop ST prices too so that it's always the cheapest way. 

34 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I agree he also loses the ball too easily in possession I think the only reason he plays is he tracks back. If he could pass better and not fall over after a little nudge he’d be half reasonable. 

He passes and crosses to the opposition far too much.

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

he doesnt just 'track back'

he pisses me off massively with his misuse of the ball, but him and buckley do massive yardage and thats always going to give you a chance of a game with PP in charge

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Or if you take brum game last season ( I know it was a big game) we got 6k none season tickets at £15

but then earlier against Brentford £15 made no real difference 

Plus brum brought 5000 last season to what 1000? this season

27 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Just catching up with highlights of this on Quest, commentator called it the Reebok twice

It’ll always be the Reebok to me

TBF the trains to and from the Uni have been horrendous I had to drive on Saturday (gave a couple of lifts ) and watch the match sober(very unBolton).

But you look at that team and the way they played my first reaction was almost a 90's 4-4-2 big man and little man up top with Ozzie going for challenges and headers he really had no right to go for but he did so fair dues.

5 hours ago, Smiley said:

Doesn’t help him and Buckley being on the wrong sides.

its costing us countless opportunities because either they have to cut in and get swamped or cross with their weaker foot.

i get it when ameobi plays and he’s encouraged to cut in and shoot. But not with noone and Buckley.

37 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

Doesn’t help him and Buckley being on the wrong sides.

its costing us countless opportunities because either they have to cut in and get swamped or cross with their weaker foot.

i get it when ameobi plays and he’s encouraged to cut in and shoot. But not with noone and Buckley.

Didn't seem to affect Buckley much with his peach of a cross for Noone's winner.

17 hours ago, Traf said:

Nobody is expecting cheap tickets, just prices similar to most other clubs. £25 max for away fans, which is what we expect to pay at most. I always go to the local aways but if it's £30 at Ewood or Wigan I won't be going, on principle. If it was £25 for Derby I'm certain they would have brought another 1k. But it's not all about numbers surely, how about a bit of fairness and goodwill to both sets of fans?

8 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

You would only need none S/T holders to increase by a third. And we are only talking about full paying adults. I would be surprised if more than 2.5k adults bought tickets v Derby. You can't tell me the total crowd wouldn't have increased by less than 1k if tickets were £22 for e.g..

On 30/09/2018 at 14:23, bolton va va said:

Spot on, agree with every word.

It was very much a team performance with every player playing his part & sticking to the game plan of letting Derby have all the ball they wanted in their own half but giving them no time or space at all once they crossed the half way line.......tremendous commitment & team work.

I loved the abuse that Carson got for his shameful attempt to get Magennis sent off which backfired completely by rousing the Wanderers' fans to get right behind the team, great support. ( though it's still baffling to see people leaving 5/10 minutes before the end of a game that's still in the balance !!! )

& don't get me started on that cunt of a referee......most pisspoor referees tend to balance out by giving bad decisions against each side but that twat seemed biased against us.

Another 30 points from 36 games & we should be safe !!! Hurrah

Agree wholeheartedly with the original post reiterated by Va Va. I fully expected us to get mullered as usual by Derby but the discipline organisation and endeavour was tremendous. It also shows that stats are bollocks - we had more and better chances. Matthews made one save.  I walked away absolutely made up with a tear in my eye.  

Incidentally my missus has a nickname for Oztumer - she calls him Mascot !

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Nobody is expecting cheap tickets, just prices similar to most other clubs. £25 max for away fans, which is what we expect to pay at most. I always go to the local aways but if it's £30 at Ewood or Wigan I won't be going, on principle. If it was £25 for Derby I'm certain they would have brought another 1k. But it's not all about numbers surely, how about a bit of fairness and goodwill to both sets of fans?

Derby would not have brought another 1,000 if it was a fiver cheaper.

£5 on an awayday is fuck all. It's one more pint on a £200 day.