Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Derby

miamiwhite

Fans rammed in to see this load of pigswill against the sheep botherers. A real bovine affair.

2,497 Derby Lunatic Fringe turn up to see a match witnessed by 16,171.....

Trivia fact....they were called Derby Linatic Fringe after seeing Frank Spencer’s horrendous imitation of Bob Marley’s wig.

High scoring game....for us, Stephen Darby, Julian Darby and Derby St each score a brace.

For them, Jeff Chandler own goal, Jeff Chandler in the correct end, Chandler from Friends and Jeff Chandler the actor get one apiece.

The managers Colin Todd, Roy McFarland haven’t got a fucking clue which dug out to sit in, same with John McGovern

We are at home. 

With an opportunity to attack as they are in poor ish form and not great on the road.

Therefore a right royal bumming as per Parkinson’s usual tactics.

What we need is top of the league to turn up every week. And our Fans to have very low expectations. 

28 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

We are at home. 

With an opportunity to attack as they are in poor ish form and not great on the road.

What we need is top of the league to turn up every week. And our Fans to have very low expectations. 

They’re 3rd in the form table with 10 points from the last 5 games and have won 2 and lost 2 away from home this season.

I agree that we should look to be a bit more attacking but trying to position it that Derby are one of the obvious teams that we should be going all out attack to is a bit misleading.

We're doing our annual walk for this, unfortunately numbers have been bit due to ticket prices. If anyone who can't make it and would gladly share a spare CRN it would be greatly appreciated; we are all sitting together, so I'll just transfer the seat when booking tickets.

Cheers folks

Oh, 0-0 btw

14 hours ago, Eddie said:

They’re 3rd in the form table with 10 points from the last 5 games and have won 2 and lost 2 away from home this season.

I agree that we should look to be a bit more attacking but trying to position it that Derby are one of the obvious teams that we should be going all out attack to is a bit misleading.

The agenda is a bit obvious isn’t it? One of our tougher home games. Not exactly one where you’d expect us to dominate.

15 hours ago, Eavesy said:

We are at home. 

That is a load of nonsense.

• The topic was pinned
23 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

We're doing our annual walk for this, unfortunately numbers have been bit due to ticket prices. If anyone who can't make it and would gladly share a spare CRN it would be greatly appreciated; we are all sitting together, so I'll just transfer the seat when booking tickets.

Cheers folks

Oh, 0-0 btw

A few of us are away this weekend watching Hamburg v St Pauli I've passed my ticket on but if any of the others haven't, I'll ask and fire over the CR's

Agree on score as well. Sadly I fear it will play out much like last seasons fixture. Prove me wrong whites

Edited by tomski

23 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

Cheers folks

Oh, 0-0 btw

I’m away in Beefa on a conference thingy; let me check to see if my Dad has promised my seat to anyone. If not it’s all yours pal.

I fancy a return to winning ways. 2-1 to the Wanderers

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, jules_darby said:

I’m away in Beefa on a conference thingy; let me check to see if my Dad has promised my seat to anyone. If not it’s all yours pal.

I fancy a return to winning ways. 2-1 to the Wanderers

"Conference"! of the closing parties.............:jump:

• Moderators
5 hours ago, tomski said:

A few of us are away this weekend watching Hamburg v St Pauli I've passed my ticket on but if any of the others haven't, I'll ask and fire over the CR's

Agree on score as well. Sadly I fear it will play out much like last seasons fixture. Prove me wrong whites

please god no

we had some wank performances in those first 11 games, but that was up there with the worst of them