Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
SalfordOriginal

Ashes 2019

Recommended Posts

Big fan of Buttler but in both innings he lasted for a while and threw his wicket away, at nine down in the 1st innings it probably would have been better to play safe instead of trying to smash it, in the 2nd innings he's played no shot and lost his wicket at a vital time.

 

Ultimately again not getting Smith out for cheap has lost us the match and series, who knows what would have happened if we had Archer in the first test and if we had Anderson throughout.

 

Edited by Didledee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Didledee said:

Big fan of Buttler but in both innings he lasted for a while and threw his wicket away, at nine down in the 1st innings it probably would have been better to play safe instead of trying to smash it, in the 2nd innings he's played no shot and lost his wicket at a vital time.

 

Ultimately again not getting Smith out for cheap has lost us the match and series, who knows what would have happened if we had Archer in the first test and if we had Anderson throughout.

 

We've not lost the series yet, we've just not regained th'Ashes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Didledee said:

Big fan of Buttler but in both innings he lasted for a while and threw his wicket away, at nine down in the 1st innings it probably would have been better to play safe instead of trying to smash it, in the 2nd innings he's played no shot and lost his wicket at a vital time.

 

Ultimately again not getting Smith out for cheap has lost us the match and series, who knows what would have happened if we had Archer in the first test and if we had Anderson throughout.

 

Buttler put up more resistance than most.

The batting issue is every top order batsman failed apart from Burns and Stokes. You have ones who averaged in the teens this series. Cannot afford that.

And bowling wise we couldn't quite match their quicks - Cummings bowled for long periods and bowled incredibly well and never let the pressure off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/09/2019 at 15:27, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Big Wanderers flag given a good show on sky coverage.

Anyone off here (Morden whites I think it said)?

I’ll claim that! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Super Bock said:

I’ll claim that! 

Top banana!

Got a good few seconds, not sure it was shown on a screen in the ground, but I was half expecting a comment from Nasser. There was a quiet pause whilst they showed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, L/H White said:

highest opening partnership of the series, 24

well done england

Out of what is available, I reckon this is the best partnership we've got.

Denly offers a similar flaw to bowlers as Roy. Burns looks like he could well become a very decent opener.

Need to find one or two more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Another poor day, but love watching Buttler

Yep poor day, at 103-1 to be 271-8 is crap, target 300 or so tomorrow and watch Smith bat all day again

Superb from Buttler, Leach is great at sticking in unlike a lot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Didledee said:

Yep poor day, at 103-1 to be 271-8 is crap, target 300 or so tomorrow and watch Smith bat all day again

Superb from Buttler, Leach is great at sticking in unlike a lot 

Is tomorrow's script already written?

 

England ao 287

Aus 290-3 at the end of the day, Smith 146no; staring down the barrel again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But we cant get smith out

Until we can, its immaterial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Is tomorrow's script already written?

 

England ao 287

Aus 290-3 at the end of the day, Smith 146no; staring down the barrel again.

Has bwfcfan5 hacked your account?

Smith going for a duck tomorrow 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, L/H White said:

i bet warner cant wait to get home

He’s certainly not welcome here!

Here we go, the Smith brothers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

He’s certainly not welcome here!

Here we go, the Smith brothers

One Smith down, but the right one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umpiring hasn't been great this series, that was obviously not out for Burns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be 2-2 this, but with Smith and nearly 2 days who knows

Edited by Didledee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.