Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Check Under Your Bed

MancWanderer

Lesson learned

Arrived in Brum on Wednesday to stay overnight ready for a congress on Thursday. Had a couple of beers and some food with others from the company ready to work our exhibition stand the next day and was tucked up in bed by 11pm. From 4am I was shitting gallons of the brown stuff and by 11am was spray painting the walls with vomit. Finally stopped and made my way home with a stop at every motorway services en route. Blamed it on a sandwich that I’d had Wednesday lunchtime until another bloke from work sent me the photo of what he’d found under the bed in his hotel bedroom

Utter cunts. The hotel knew they had a fucking rat infestation and had simply put sticky rat traps under the beds in some of the rooms so basically I’ve gone to bed and inhaled rat piss all night

I’ll be looking out for this in future

A8531DC6-5A6D-4B71-BE89-91817885DCE3.jpeg

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Lesson learned

Arrived in Brum on Wednesday to stay overnight ready for a congress on Thursday. Had a couple of beers and some food with others from the company ready to work our exhibition stand the next day and was tucked up in bed by 11pm. From 4am I was shitting gallons of the brown stuff and by 11am was spray painting the walls with vomit. Finally stopped and made my way home with a stop at every motorway services en route. Blamed it on a sandwich that I’d had Wednesday lunchtime until another bloke from work sent me the photo of what he’d found under the bed in his hotel bedroom

Utter cunts. The hotel knew they had a fucking rat infestation and had simply put sticky rat traps under the beds in some of the rooms so basically I’ve gone to bed and inhaled rat piss all night

I’ll be looking out for this in future

A8531DC6-5A6D-4B71-BE89-91817885DCE3.jpeg

I stay in Birmingham quite a bit with work , which hotel was it? 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, green genie said:

Weil's disease transferred by rat's piss (not strongbow cider) can lead to kidney failure after initial symptoms you've had. Might be worth course of antibiotics.

A nasty but; though would be have to have ingested some of the piss?

Definitely be onto environmental health at Brum.

6 hours ago, fatolive said:

Fuckin he’ll, stayed there a few times and it’s on the approved list for booking

ill take off !

Same here. I’ve also stayed at the Malmaison a bit further down the road and the Radisson on the roundabout. Both miles better and comparable prices. The Crowne Plaza can fuck right off

36 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A nasty but; though would be have to have ingested some of the piss?

Definitely be onto environmental health at Brum.

Company’s legal team are on it demanding money back for the stay and going to report it

Slightly worried now about Weil’s. Get your point TMGJ but concerned about the fact that it hit me so quickly and badly. Phoning GP on Monday 

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Company’s legal team are on it demanding money back for the stay and going to report it

Slightly worried now about Weil’s. Get your point TMGJ but concerned about the fact that it hit me so quickly and badly. Phoning GP on Monday 

Definitely worth it. Weil's can have flu like symptoms too.

Think it can get in via cuts, ingestion etc.

Don't wait a week for an appointment either, get the fuck on down to the surgery if necessary. Tell them you've got the plague. :)