Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Zach Clough

barryk32

32 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Might get his mojo back coming back .Not sure if Evatt would want to accommodate him as Sarevic occupies that role.Crawford has been bang average so far but he has enough energy to get all around the park.Not sure Zac would be that enthusiastic tracking back.

Still you never know .I would personally trade Comley White & Mascoll for him.

I think everyone would ... which is a problem because we'd need up to three clubs to want to take them off us.  Anyone who has seen them this season would steer well clear.

23 minutes ago, Spider said:

He’s one of those luxury players you can probably carry in divisions 3&4 so long as he’s got solid lads around him.

Id like to see him given a go in our side

See I don’t understand this logic. He was class for us in championship as well. 

I don’t see him as a luxury at all

Edited by tomski

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

I reckon he's good enough for L1 no problem once up to speed. He'll take some going to get up to championship standard but i don't care about that just yet

He was doing alright for Forest under the manager who signed him

And for us in a shite team

Plenty good enough

3 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Might get his mojo back coming back .Not sure if Evatt would want to accommodate him as Sarevic occupies that role.Crawford has been bang average so far but he has enough energy to get all around the park.Not sure Zac would be that enthusiastic tracking back.

Still you never know .I would personally trade Comley White & Mascoll for him.

Different role to Crawford though, Clough further forward generally.  He would easily be accommodated in the squad, even if he only played every time one of Doyle, Fonz and Sarce wasn't on the pitch due to injury etc.  Effectively he'd be in place of Miller (and Arthur) as a minimum and would also provide an alternative to Crawford/Fonz, tactically. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Different role to Crawford though, Clough further forward generally.  He would easily be accommodated in the squad, even if he only played every time one of Doyle, Fonz and Sarce wasn't on the pitch due to injury etc.  Effectively he'd be in place of Miller (and Arthur) as a minimum and would also provide an alternative to Crawford/Fonz, tactically. 

Aye, thinking if Clough came back it'd be in place of Sarcervic

Probably best to stop living in the past and move on

3 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

or just back shoppin

He was in the tight bastards section looking a packet of Finney Haddock and half leg of lamb. Had a Macintosh Haggis and selection box of cheese crackers in his basket.

I didn’t speak to him , because I didn’t want a hat trick of Wanderers players totally ignoring me in Tesco on my CV.

The others in question being Campo and Diouf.

8 hours ago, embankment said:

I didn’t speak to him , because I didn’t want a hat trick of Wanderers players totally ignoring me in Tesco on my CV.

The others in question being Campo and Diouf.

Maybe if you just said hi, instead of following them round the store with your knob hanging out?

Edited by Burndens Bogs

On 17/11/2020 at 16:41, Dimron said:

I see one of the Forest coaches sometimes when dog walking, I'll get the latest on him

Spoke to him this morning (he left Forest for Leicester in Feb).

Reckons his general fitness level was never there, you have to have a level of fitness to be selected. As we know, he wasn't making the u23s.

He reckoned Forest had 48 pros when he was there, Hughton will be definitely be having a clear out!

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Dimron said:

Spoke to him this morning (he left Forest for Leicester in Feb).

Reckons his general fitness level was never there, you have to have a level of fitness to be selected. As we know, he wasn't making the u23s.

He reckoned Forest had 48 pros when he was there, Hughton will be definitely be having a clear out!

Is that because he was consistently injured, or because he was a bit lazy?

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Aye, thinking if Clough came back it'd be in place of Sarcervic

Probably best to stop living in the past and move on

He'd replace the Fonz for me.

Good movement and link play would suit Sarcevic. Possibly replace Crawford, though I reckon that's the job of another midfielder.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He'd replace the Fonz for me.

Good movement and link play would suit Sarcevic. Possibly replace Crawford, though I reckon that's the job of another midfielder.

Yeah good point

If forest are letting him go at least ask if he can come and train to get fit