Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Zach Clough

barryk32

Having not paid much attention to in-game set up recently, I'd assumed Crawford has been in that No 10 role?

Either way I'd have Clough back in an instant and I'd hedge a bet he'd think the same. Not arsed what his wages currently are, if Bolton came asking he'd take what was on offer. For me it's an easy slot into the player off the 2 forwards, link up play, little slide rule balls, set pieces, movement that we don't currently have. 

Gilks

Santos, Delaney, Taft

Jones, Tutte, Sarce, Mascoll

Clough

Fonz, Doyle

No brainer for me.

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

soory, but there is a reason why nobody wants him i would assume..

something has changed, i think we should move on.

although thats not to say i wouldnt welcome him back for a crack.

Could well be right, but without knowing anything about the lad, it wouldn't surprise me if his head was fucked a bit, with becoming the club's financial saviour without much option and such a sudden jolt to his fledgling career.

Allardyce was the master of getting careers back on track.

Clough is in a big pond and has likely lost his mojo... with 48 pros in the squad no matter how much he trained he probably got overlooked, so what the hell? the moneys good.

Wifey brought a used car from a dealer who is a director at Forest a couple of years ago and he reckoned Clough was one of their better buys.

Get him at the right price, sprinkle some magic dust, build him back up and give him a chance

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Clough scored 21 in 58 games when he was still just an inexperienced young lad and at a higher level than where we currently are, he would be an immense signing if we could make it happen. 

I genuinely believe he wasn’t the same player after his injury at us too.

Without injury I reckon he’d have scored more goals in 58 games. 

8 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

He was the best player we had since we got relegated from the PL, for me the only one I looked forward seeing to play

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x300mr0

Just watched those clips, some of his football is better than I remember, he’s a championship standard player, if we can get him up to speed, we could get a championship player for nothing and on league 2 wages. It’s a no brainer. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

9 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

He was the best player we had since we got relegated from the PL, for me the only one I looked forward seeing to play

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x300mr0

Him and Le Fondre for me. and incredibly they still got slagged off by some .

Cloughie would be one of best players in this team. Obviously judging on his previous ability but id love to get him back and give him a gamble in an Evatt team

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Ratwhite said:

We've tried to revisit this, it didn't work. The ship has failed.

He was the master of the non-challenge, sprinting 5 yards jump out of a tackle.

Sarc, has buckets more nous at this level, and can tackle.

Jesus, he came back with Parky in charge, and was used from the bench. The same manager who played him out of position, in a shit team playing the shittest football ever witnessed.

Not arsed if he doesn't tackle: scoring at a rate of around 2 in 5 and with assists is more than adequate compensation. 

1 hour ago, chesterfield said:

Whatmore 4 times

Good shout, whatmore you could argue was one of those players who was much better player for us than anyone else he played for ZC might well be similar. If I was Evatt I’d be all over bringing him back January on loan with a view to resigning him at the end of the season if his loan was a success.