Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Zach Clough

barryk32

Could probably do a good job in League 2 but I fear he's missed a lot of football in the most crucial years of his career and may have stagnated.

Would take him all day based on his previous form with us but only if he was on a cheap wage and maybe on a trial basis first to assess his ability.

2 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Could probably do a good job in League 2 but I fear he's missed a lot of football in the most crucial years of his career and may have stagnated.

Would take him all day based on his previous form with us but only if he was on a cheap wage and maybe on a trial basis first to assess his ability.

and attitude

Never saw Zach as a lad who would have a problem with his attitude, he always came across as a good guy

Remember his debut against Wigan in FA Cup, it was a brilliant debut

I though he was Championship class but not seen him play for a few years so obviously he needs a move now to get people talking about his again

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Mantra said:

I suppose that’s what i was trying to say when I said not necessarily good enough at championship level but you’ve summed it up better

Hasn't even been on as a sub yet in league or cup.  Surely he should be playing some games somewhere for a few months.  But its a different situation to Clough, who could realistically still have a career at Bolton or any other lower division team, but Connell wont be signing for us long term. I'd rather see our own young midfielders get a chance and see if they can progress.