Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

At what point will you start looking up and not down...?

auckland_bwfc

Just looking at the league table and 10 games in we're sat in 14th, if we'd taken out QPR as we should have we'd be 5th with 18 points

At what point do you start seeing losses at missed chances to catch up to the playoff zone and not as a missed chance to pull away from Ipswich and co....? 

Despite all the off-field drama, and not spending mega bucks we've at least got a combative team that hold each other in very high regard, we've drawn games we would have lost last year, and won games we would have drawn....but how long is a flash in a pan...? I think you could still get 2/1 on Leicester winning the prem that year by January? Not many teams will pull off a 6 point double of WBA away and Derby at home this year - there's something about us this season, slowly brewing away....if we can find a formula at home against the perceived lesser teams then is 6th place an unrealistic target....?   

I doubt the whole squad and especially the likes of warriors such as Pav & Wheats won't be striving for it......today was probs the first time I was looking up the table to see what needed doing, rather than down, and promotion season aside, it's been a long time since I've done that! 

• Members

Doesn't take long for the wrist slashers to come back out.

If we'd been royally fucked over by Bastard Rovers I could understand it but from what I saw we were worth at least a draw.

Be reet. There'll be far worse teams than us in this division. Likewise, the hotshots at the top are way ahead of us (much of it spending power related) so, having beaten the baggies and the rams already this season, I am quietly confident that comfortable mid table obscurity awaits us.