Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

30 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Glad I don't live anywhere near one. 

It's all going to go wrong. 

Nah. It’s great news 

It'll go the same way as wind farms, government all for it for a bit then make it nigh on impossible to get permission

See solar panels before the wind farms 

Edited by DirtySanchez

Does this mean we get to see more of the great unwashed outside of the Reebok/Macron whatever it's called now with their signs?

38 minutes ago, royal white said:

Does this mean we get to see more of the great unwashed outside of the Reebok/Macron whatever it's called now with their signs?

Do you mean general folk from Horwich?

1 hour ago, royal white said:

They were up there because Horwich Civils , AE Yates, were involved with a frack somewhere. AEY are no longer involved with it now. More to do with completing their bit rather than pressure from the Swampys. I miss them smelly bastards; i loved their confrontational attitude when they confronted me. Fuck off or I'll run you over...

Edited by Underpants

Just have a democratic vote like they did in Lancs against fracking, then watch them spunk all over you.:D

Grew up with slag heaps in my area as a kid, all been grassed over now and been brought back to nature, give them tory voting cunts in W Lancs some grief for a change.

The only realistic solution to our energy needs is nuclear power. 

Anything else is just pretending. 

Just now, kent_white said:

I wholeheartedly agreed Big E 

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

The most sensible thing I have ever seen you post 

Fuck off. I was pro nuclear until the costs rose 5 fold. Then delayed 3 fold.  Nuclear means absolute shite value all of a sudden. Not to mention we can't even build our own plants.

We need a stable and reliable energy source whilst we sort out renewables but they are catching up fast.

Nuclear is good. Soon as the lesson learnt in Finland are sorted we are away. MR58 needs to get it done he won’t survive any delays 

Nuclear nuclear is fine 

We still need gas short / medium term though and it’s under our feet, get it out and stop worrying about a bit of extra traffic on the bypas ffs 

Can see both sides of the argument. 50/50 for me. Doubt they'd put up with it in more affluent areas of the country, and it's utter bollocks that the locals are going to get anything out of it, but we're all happy enough to use fossil fuel energy as though there's an infinite source.

Sense at last. Our own energy source on tap. A nice stop gap until we are 100% nuclear and have the capability to dump the waste on the moon (it glows in the dark anyway).

Trouble with nuclear is the associated costs. Maybe cheap to produce power, but the disposal and perhaps more importantly the decommissioning costs just seem to rise astronomically.

Also not sure where the ore comes from- can we rely on a secure supply?

Perhaps we could compost convicted terrorists and use the methane?

12 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Fuck off. I was pro nuclear until the costs rose 5 fold. Then delayed 3 fold.  Nuclear means absolute shite value all of a sudden. Not to mention we can't even build our own plants.

We need a stable and reliable energy source whilst we sort out renewables but they are catching up fast.

Just hang on while I put the finishing touches to my nuclear fusion power plant. Then you'll be sorry! 

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 04:53, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Also not sure where the ore comes from- can we rely on a secure supply?

Biggest supplier is Kazakhstan followed by Canada

13 hours ago, tyldesley_white said:

Biggest supplier is Kazakhstan followed by Canada

We have plenty of it here too. Only problem is that it is mainly in protected areas such as Kakadu.