Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fracking

globaldiver

1 hour ago, royal white said:

Does this mean we get to see more of the great unwashed outside of the Reebok/Macron whatever it's called now with their signs?

They were up there because Horwich Civils , AE Yates, were involved with a frack somewhere. AEY are no longer involved with it now. More to do with completing their bit rather than pressure from the Swampys. I miss them smelly bastards; i loved their confrontational attitude when they confronted me. Fuck off or I'll run you over...

Edited by Underpants

• Site Supporter

Fuck off. I was pro nuclear until the costs rose 5 fold. Then delayed 3 fold.  Nuclear means absolute shite value all of a sudden. Not to mention we can't even build our own plants.

We need a stable and reliable energy source whilst we sort out renewables but they are catching up fast.

• Site Supporter

Can see both sides of the argument. 50/50 for me. Doubt they'd put up with it in more affluent areas of the country, and it's utter bollocks that the locals are going to get anything out of it, but we're all happy enough to use fossil fuel energy as though there's an infinite source.

• Site Supporter

Trouble with nuclear is the associated costs. Maybe cheap to produce power, but the disposal and perhaps more importantly the decommissioning costs just seem to rise astronomically.

Also not sure where the ore comes from- can we rely on a secure supply?

Perhaps we could compost convicted terrorists and use the methane?

12 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Fuck off. I was pro nuclear until the costs rose 5 fold. Then delayed 3 fold.  Nuclear means absolute shite value all of a sudden. Not to mention we can't even build our own plants.

We need a stable and reliable energy source whilst we sort out renewables but they are catching up fast.

Just hang on while I put the finishing touches to my nuclear fusion power plant. Then you'll be sorry!