Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Speed Camera Watch

matty2094

On the way to the match today, I’ve passed one of those twatting mobile speed vans (I know, I know, best way to not get caught is to not speed) 

Going down Thicketford Road from Red Lane side, mobile van sat in the dip opposite Seven Acres car park, right at the bottom of hill. 

I’ve done a bit of reading up and some people say mobile vans have no leniency, some say 10% +1. I reckon I was probably doing 33/34 by my speedo with a car closely in front and slammed on as soon as I saw it. 

Reason to be concerned or over-reacting?

2 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I think i may have been caught on a mobile camera on the East Lancs Road on Monday. Its a 40 area and think i was going at 45/46 so will probably get done. They need to notify you within 30 days

They get you both ways now as well the fuckers. 

43 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Good man 

not into these new speed vans looking like British Gas vans by the way.

dirty fuckers

There's always one between Aldington and Horwich at the weekends just after it drops to 30mph from 40mph. It's annoying as there is a British gas van parked around there all the time too. 

Luckily drivers are good at flashing you to give you a warning. 

• Site Supporter

ACPO (Association of Chief Police Officers) recommendation is that speed limit + 10% + 2mph gets a ticket.

There's a reason for the work around the M60 Smart M/Way scheme and lots of other motorway works being limited to 50mph.

LGVs are governed to 56mph so can go through a 50mph zone with impunity. Their 56mph limit is 50 + 10% + 1 therefore avoiding a speeding fine.

EDIT =

30 zone ticket @ 35
40                      @ 46
50                       @ 57
60                       @ 68
70                       @ 79

3 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

I think i may have been caught on a mobile camera on the East Lancs Road on Monday. Its a 40 area and think i was going at 45/46 so will probably get done. They need to notify you within 30 days

Speed cameras aside, the reduced speed limits on the Lancs are a fucking joke. Dual carriageway with barrier in between etc and it’s the same limit as a raft of ‘normal’ roads. Feels like you’re crawling when you come off the M60. 

12 hours ago, MickyD said:

ACPO (Association of Chief Police Officers) recommendation is that speed limit + 10% + 2mph gets a ticket.

There's a reason for the work around the M60 Smart M/Way scheme and lots of other motorway works being limited to 50mph.

LGVs are governed to 56mph so can go through a 50mph zone with impunity. Their 56mph limit is 50 + 10% + 1 therefore avoiding a speeding fine.

EDIT =

30 zone ticket @ 35
40                      @ 46
50                       @ 57
60                       @ 68
70                       @ 79

However, forces can set cameras to go off if only 1mph above speed limit. If they choose. At least that is my understanding. 

• Moderators

I drive really slowly these days, there's so many cunts on the road that I wish there were more speed cameras. Unfortunately I'll probably be the one getting done as I roll down Winchester Way at 32 mph. Meanwhile up the road some baghead is robbing old people with impunity.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

7 year since I was last done

hate it and the cost of insurance for years afterwards

Not sure how it affects your insurance unless your speed is so far above the limit it warrants a court appearance. Even then, I don't recall any question which would lead me to tell my insurers if I'd been done for speeding.

34 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Not sure how it affects your insurance unless your speed is so far above the limit it warrants a court appearance. Even then, I don't recall any question which would lead me to tell my insurers if I'd been done for speeding.

You have to declare points on your license don’t you?