Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rotherham

Biggish Dave

• Moderators
1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Should be looking to pick 4 points up from next two 

Aye

No reason we can't beat forest but they draw a lot so would be happy enough with a point given our shaky home form, but we have to be beating the likes of hull at home if we don't want to flirt with the bottom three

34 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Let us not pretend otherwise.

Two awful teams.

They were better than us.

We were lucky to get a point.

Had that finished 1-0 everyone would be 

rightly furious.

The first half was a joke.

Agree but score pen and we win 2-1 and with a midfield as bad as any in the championship. 

1 hour ago, captainmed said:

Two awful teams.

rightly furious.

Which part of the first half was a joke? They scored as many as we did, we saw plenty of the ball, played the much heralded two up top and hit the post for good measure?

Oztumer wouldn’t of affected that game today. In fact I don’t think many midfielders in the world would of, our midfield was bypassed for the entire game. I honestly can’t remember us stringing more than 5 passes together and if we carry on like that we’re in big trouble. 

On a positive note, Donaldson was inpressive and Doidge took his goal well. Surely only a matter of time before he gets a run of games. 

2 hours ago, captainmed said:

Two awful teams.

rightly furious.

Exactly.  Papered over the cracks with a draw.  We should be going to teams like this and having a good go.  First half was garbage.  First 10 of the second half ok, then crap until last 10. My god, they weren't great, so who are we actually going to have a go at ??

the worry is, we go a goal down and don't really look like getting back in it and overall we just don't look like scoring.

our set pieces today when we had a chance to get the ball in the box were terrible, what do we work on during the week?  Is it that hard to swing a ball into the box ??

Edited by marple whites

1 hour ago, captainmed said:

Two awful teams.

rightly furious.

Spot on. It was terrible from us. When we say 2 awful teams it's like saying Barcelona and Sheff Utd are both good teams.

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

Aye

No reason we can't beat forest but they draw a lot so would be happy enough with a point given our shaky home form, but we have to be beating the likes of hull at home if we don't want to flirt with the bottom three

Not sure why you think there is no reason we can't beat forest. They dont lose away games (1 all season), we don't score goals at home. I'd take a point all day long.

I agree about our goal and the pen is a key aspect to the game, but they attacked us at will for long periods and always looked dangerous.  They hit the bar and miss at least 2 point blank headers.  So in my view, we were not better than them.

Edited by marple whites