Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rotherham

Biggish Dave

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, ianovit said:

I was at the same game at Milmoor also aged 15. We returned to where the coaches had dropped us off to find they had been moved! There was a group of Rotherham fans hurtling bricks at us wasn`t much fun particularly at such a tender age.  

My first away game without my dad, just me & a mate..I was 11. Shat myself when we couldn't find our coach after the match... I was hooked though! Used to love away matches in the 70s.

I'm preparing myself for a difficult day out  -  hard work getting there & a nightmare getting back.

It seems we've a terrible record there...I must have been 10 times & hadn't realised that I can't have ever seen us win there, but we must have had a few draws, unlike at Bristol bastard City. With their decent home form & our current poor form, it's hard to see us getting a win tomorrow......I think i'd be happy with a draw !!

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

Been Walking round Rotherham town centre a lot of the pubs have "home fans only" signs up, i am sat in a pub called the county, barmaid says its because police have told them what happened to the pub in Leeds last season, perhaps our yoof have fu**ed it up

What's the pub you ended up in like?

This refereeing team is winding me up...

- Offside EVERY time we go forward. I understand we could be, but EVERY time?
- Dozens of free kicks for us, no card to any Rotherham players. First free kick we give away (which was questionable) and we get a yellow.
- Any opportunity to blow for a free kick in their defensive third.

I'm getting tired of these officials in this league. I'm sure they didn't used to be this bad.

Edited by SnoopJohnnyJohn

Some preliminary thoughts as half time approaches.

I like this ground. It's exactly what this size of club needs. The steep stands work too behind the home goal feels on top.

I know it's only usually on a local-ish away but some of our support, fucking hell. "Yoof" in cheap goggle jackets waiting to be told what to think. Grow a brain.

Thought we started by far the brightest but Rotherham are getting the ball in to the box far too often and it’s going to end up costing us sooner or later. Donaldson probably our brightest threat but there’s very little link up between the midfield and front two.  

Third time I’ve been here and I’ve liked the ground every time. We’re only half a dozen rows from the front yet don’t feel low down at all while still being really close to the pitch.