Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Skills You Once Had.

leigh white

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, leigh white said:

Working on a lathe, screw cutting to fine dimensions for valves. Wouldn't know how to use a micrometer anymore now.

Similar regarding the micrometer and used to be able gas weld, braze , arc weld, mig tig all that stuff, not done it for 20 yrs now and doubt I’d still be able, particular the gas stuff 

probably still be able use the burning gear though 

15 hours ago, leigh white said:

Working on a lathe, screw cutting to fine dimensions for valves. Wouldn't know how to use a micrometer anymore now.

I was time served centre lathe turner glad I never bothered looking for same job when I got made redundant in 1985. Wouldn’t mind a go on one now though. 

17 hours ago, leigh white said:

Recon your underselling yourself

bar some condition that prevents inhibits or prevents the key skills you could do it again with practice 

be proud of what you have done and still can do

1 hour ago, Morizio said:

Recon your underselling yourself

bar some condition that prevents inhibits or prevents the key skills you could do it again with practice 

be proud of what you have done and still can do

Cheers, but with only a few months to go before i reach pension age, i might give it a miss.:)

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I was time served centre lathe turner glad I never bothered looking for same job when I got made redundant in 1985. Wouldn’t mind a go on one now though. 

Being made redundant at 40 mustve been grim

7 hours ago, kent_white said:

I once made a bong out of a plastic Cadbury's parrot. There was an unwritten rule that after you'd exhaled you had to squawk in approval. 

Oooh you little fibber, that wasn’t you! Mind you could have been, I was very stoned.

It also held a lighter in its beak and was perfectly airtight. 

13 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

You lying Wigan twat Mick.

you retired when I first met you.....and that was on the pitch at Wrexham :D

The police making us get on that special train non stop to Bolton was a bummer, wanted to spend a few hours on the piss in Chester.:D

I used to have a skill of being mistaken for an anorexic underage lesbian. 

I've piled 5 stone on since then and have the weathered face of someone with 2 kids so I doubt the age thing applies any more. 

Might still pass as a lesbian. 

#chippytits 

11 minutes ago, leigh white said:

The police making us get on that special train non stop to Bolton was a bummer, wanted to spend a few hours on the piss in Chester.:D

We were lucky and in a happy van....pretty sure C86 was the driver.

Met a bluenose in Barbados at Christmas 3 years ago....his lot ended up brawling with our lot in Chester after Wrexham...poor sod was sent down as a result of that in ‘88

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Met a bluenose in Barbados at Christmas 3 years ago....his lot ended up brawling with our lot in Chester after Wrexham...poor sod was sent down as a result of that in ‘88

Yep, we made a few bob :P

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Went before the game, it was packed with Wanderers, much classier place than that shithole down the road to sup.

Just now, leigh white said:

Certainly have, I don't half miss those times even though we were bobbins for ages, it was always a great day out in some backwater town.

Me too Mick...bloody loved those mad days and nights when we were shite, heavily outnumbered but loyal to the core.

Football these days is dead in comparison.