Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

And Did Those Feet


Recommended Posts

Im at the stadium tonight to watch the play 'And Did Those Feet'.  I went to the Octagon to watch it a few years ago and was glad i did, superb it was.  Did any of you lot go to the opening night last night?  

 

https://octagonbolton.co.uk/whats-on/theatre/and-did-those-feet/

Edited by Breightmet Boy
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

I was there on Monday. Fantastic production, Wanderers interest but lots of tears from the audience as the personal side hit home. Great performances & very moving. A good night out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved it, some fabulous acting in it.  Just a bit of advice, take your beer if your going, £4 for a small Coirs bottle, 

Big mixture of young and old watching this, loads with scarfs and shirts on, made it feel proper Bolton :-)

Edited by Breightmet Boy
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I loved it, some fabulous acting in it.  Just a bit of advice, take your beer if your going, £4 for a small Coirs bottle, 

Big mixture of young and old watching this, loads with scarfs and shirts on, made it feel proper Bolton :-)

Taking your own beer to the theatre. Haha. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do (but it’s an m&s GnT obviously)

nice to see this arts council funded theatre in the community is working, long may it continue when the Octogan returns to its venue.

It’s sad to see Elizabeth Newman leave next year as she has been instrumental in making the Octogan be more a part of the community and for it to be from Bolton.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went with my lad last night after we both saw it in 2007.  Superb production enhanced by the small intimate venue I thought.

Downsides £4.50 for a placky bottle of cider and LoV seats aren't designed to be sat on for long periods!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sweep said:

can you take your own beer in? - I presume that's not a thing that people actually do

When the film Trainspotting first came out me and my mates took our own cans into the cinema 

A poster off here, who may or may not be related to me, got a ticking off for taking his own cans on a flight 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I do (but it’s an m&s GnT obviously)

nice to see this arts council funded theatre in the community is working, long may it continue when the Octogan returns to its venue.

It’s sad to see Elizabeth Newman leave next year as she has been instrumental in making the Octogan be more a part of the community and for it to be from Bolton.

 

I know that it is a tradition to spell names incorrectly on here, but I did not expect you to misspell Octagon!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

I know that it is a tradition to spell names incorrectly on here, but I did not expect you to misspell Octagon!

Go on Malc.....you tell him son :D

 

Anyway...and just to piss some moaning twats off on here....Jay Jay Octogancha  :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to hear that people have enjoyed the show. I did the sound design on the two previous shows as I worked at the octagon at the time. Was really pleased when they asked me back to do this version at the stadium, especially as I’m a big fan and season ticket holder. Hope more of you all get to go, it’s a great show.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.