Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

And Did Those Feet

Breightmet Boy

Im at the stadium tonight to watch the play 'And Did Those Feet'.  I went to the Octagon to watch it a few years ago and was glad i did, superb it was.  Did any of you lot go to the opening night last night?  

https://octagonbolton.co.uk/whats-on/theatre/and-did-those-feet/

Edited by Breightmet Boy

1 hour ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I loved it, some fabulous acting in it.  Just a bit of advice, take your beer if your going, £4 for a small Coirs bottle, 

Big mixture of young and old watching this, loads with scarfs and shirts on, made it feel proper Bolton :-)

Taking your own beer to the theatre. Haha. :D

I do (but it’s an m&s GnT obviously)

nice to see this arts council funded theatre in the community is working, long may it continue when the Octogan returns to its venue.

It’s sad to see Elizabeth Newman leave next year as she has been instrumental in making the Octogan be more a part of the community and for it to be from Bolton.

20 hours ago, Sweep said:

can you take your own beer in? - I presume that's not a thing that people actually do

When the film Trainspotting first came out me and my mates took our own cans into the cinema 

A poster off here, who may or may not be related to me, got a ticking off for taking his own cans on a flight 

19 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I do (but it’s an m&s GnT obviously)

nice to see this arts council funded theatre in the community is working, long may it continue when the Octogan returns to its venue.

It’s sad to see Elizabeth Newman leave next year as she has been instrumental in making the Octogan be more a part of the community and for it to be from Bolton.

I know that it is a tradition to spell names incorrectly on here, but I did not expect you to misspell Octagon!

Nice to hear that people have enjoyed the show. I did the sound design on the two previous shows as I worked at the octagon at the time. Was really pleased when they asked me back to do this version at the stadium, especially as I’m a big fan and season ticket holder. Hope more of you all get to go, it’s a great show.