Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Immigration Rules. Any ideas?

Thorpey

Got a lad with me who is a senior international for Trinidad & Tobago and just released from a contract from a premier league club in Honduras.

Aged 22 with a Trinidad & Tobago passport, he's here to be with his auntie as his mum died and doesn't know his dad.  Nice lad who just wants to play football.  Took him to Farnborough Town last week for training and stood out like a sore thumb.  A young JJ tbh and scored a screamer with fantastic balance just like the great man!  They asked him to play a friendly tonight against Kingstonian but his inclusion was denied by the FA.

After speaking with FA and immigration turns out he needs any club with a sponsor licence to add him to it which may take ten months!

Must be another round it?  Any ideas anyone as I'm getting fed up trying to sort this out!

Check out Akeem Garnet Roach or Akeem Roach for more info!

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Thorpey said:

Got a lad with me who is a senior international for Trinidad & Tobago and just released from a contract from a premier league club in Honduras.

Aged 22 with a Trinidad & Tobago passport, he's here to be with his auntie as his mum died and doesn't know his dad.  Nice lad who just wants to play football.  Took him to Farnborough Town last week for training and stood out like a sore thumb.  A young JJ tbh and scored a screamer with fantastic balance just like the great man!  They asked him to play a friendly tonight against Kingstonian but his inclusion was denied by the FA.

After speaking with FA and immigration turns out he needs any club with a sponsor licence to add him to it which may take ten months!

Must be another round it?  Any ideas anyone as I'm getting fed up trying to sort this out!

Check out Akeem Garnet Roach or Akeem Roach for more info!

Just watched first 3 minutes of his highlight video. He seems to miss every chance, he's no Tony Caldwell that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Horwich said:

What visa is he in the country with?

last time I applied for a sponsors licence it was £500 and a right pain in the ass (4years ago)

its all too much trouble imo

Here on a visitor's visa until February.  They want over £2.4k for the licence which a club must get.

He's got an offer from Malta today, a couple of conference clubs may take him or there's the chance to go to Scotland with a loan out to Belgium.

Hopefully, get something sorted for the lad.